Good stereo system for 45k or under

thanks again for your responses. if i go the onkyo route, will it be a good step towards home theater in the future. will the same speakers hold well for home theater as well .... sorry if it is a stupid question

thanks again for your responses. if i go the onkyo route, will it be a good step towards home theater in the future. will the same speakers hold well for home theater as well .... sorry if it is a stupid question

Nope...Never hesitate to ask... Someone will help you with your query...:thumbsup:

Since you asked for a good stereo setup (2.0), suggested few stereo receiver models per your requirement...

Now if you planning to use the amplifier + speakers for both music & movies, then you need to look @ AVR...

As far as i know most Yamaha AVR support iphone/ipod thru front USB port, also get airplay function....You can say Yamahas are apple friendly....

AVR from other brands will have USB port + network capability but may not have air play function...

A decent AVR with the features will cost you approx 30K.... You can buy a decent BS for for your remaining budget & add components when your budget allows..

thanks again. so my final question for tonight

- if i get an AVR that can also play music and get 2 BS speakers to start with - i am hoping that it is a system i can upgrade.

any recommendations on this and what to buy since i have come back to where i started?

thanks again. so my final question for tonight

- if i get an AVR that can also play music and get 2 BS speakers to start with - i am hoping that it is a system i can upgrade.

any recommendations on this and what to buy since i have come back to where i started?

Yes.. You are right... You cn start with AVR + 2 BS for now... Add components as & when your budget allows....

You may check Yamaha RX V37x/57x/67x, Pioneer VSX 52x/82x/92x, Denon, Marantz & Onkyo....

Take you iphone/ipod to check playback...

i am now leaning towards purchasing the marantz AVR receiver. i am a bit reluctant to add 5.1 speakers etc. since i think it will be very overwhelming. i am thinking of 2 good BS speakers to add to this and use this both for movies and music.

any comments to this? will i miss out on the movie experience? i will worry about the remaining speakers / subwoofer etc. later.

i have spent so much time this week researching, now want to execute :)

got it . do a lot of people use just a stereo amp just for music and a separate AVR for video?

For stereo a 2 channel amp will be better, for 5.1 movies, an HT will do justice...It also depends on the luxury of space & your budget....If you have both, then you can.. Else AVR makes perfect choice....

i am now leaning towards purchasing the marantz AVR receiver. i am a bit reluctant to add 5.1 speakers etc. since i think it will be very overwhelming. i am thinking of 2 good BS speakers to add to this and use this both for movies and music.

any comments to this? will i miss out on the movie experience? i will worry about the remaining speakers / subwoofer etc. later.

i have spent so much time this week researching, now want to execute :)

If you use AVR with BS for music, you wont miss anything...But for movies, you may miss the surround & boom effects...

But if you have constraints, you can live with 2.0... No harm....

#dhindia - Will be interested to know what BS you intend to pair with your Marantz AVR. I too have been confused whether to purchase an AVR or Amp..as I want to listen to music now, but have the flexibility to power the set up to my TV at a later date..

I liked #elangoas's suggestion of a network reveiver. Will explore that too..

i heard to some setups today and really liked the polk audio RTiA7 floor standing speakers. the speakers were for 67k at profx here in phoenix mall and are above my budget but i really liked them. the guy told me that they need a decentt wattage AV receiver to power them. will the marantz 1504 work with this. also on amazon, these speakers for for $500. so almost double here in india. any other place to buy them?

Consider Norge for Stereo. Their website Norge Audio has the specs. There is unfortunately no showroom in Bangalore but they ship (which is what I did for my setup).
There is also the option of sonodyne. They have an office in Indira Nagar near 100 feet road but the auditionins is at Chroma in Eva Mall (Near Brigade Road).

Hi,

If you are looking at a stereo setup, you need then to look for good stereo amps which will deliver the actual performance one would like to listen and enjoy...see the below link as a caution for amps of today

AV Receiver and Amplifier Power Ratings Trends: How and Why Wattage Ratings are Manipulated | Audioholics

As per my experience, Cambridge Audio, Marantz and NAD are good manufacturers who ensure quality, build and performance which appeals to users like us.

There are tons of reviews and videos over the internet to help you to shortlist or perhaps decide on the system you would go in for....end of the day it all depends what appeals to you and your wallet....go an d try out demos where possible.

All my music / movie / concert content is from a lot of available websites who host the worst or ultimate high quality files...if your laptop or computer has a good antivirus...please then tread cautiously over the net as there are chances during the download of files...you may just get a malware or virus...

Hope this helps

Hope this helps.

@efernand1
you quote same article again and again and praise Maranz so much but really Marantz is giving true and correct specifications??

these speakers for for $500. so almost double here in india. any other place to buy them?

RTI7 needs huge power and big room. Ideally you would need an amp of atleast 100-150watts to drive them. Also that $500 price is for 1 single speaker, not for a pair.

thanks. that is what the guy told me. they sounded just awesome though :)

are there other speakers you could recommend that would sound great? my living room is L shaped and though the sofa - tv area is 10 by 12 the entire room is double the size and includes dining area as well. i will also try bookshelves

If you are looking to up your budget to 60k range, you have to try out the Dali Zensor 5s. MRP 55k, they sound really sweet, and I just finished going through quite a few floorstanders before buying my first 2.0 system. Check the thread and it may be useful in your search

Hi, I bought the Dali Zensor 7s because the 5 was out of stock in Mumbai. And I bought the Denon X1000 with it. But if you were to try and keep it within budget, you could try a Pioneer AVR - they are somewhat cheaper than the Denon/Yamaha/Marantz.

did u also listen to the polk's? i notice that the polk's need more power than the dali speakers you mention below? anything else significantly different? i will try to see where i can listen to dali speakers in bangalore. might not be easy to here based on resources i have seen here

Yes I listened to the Polk Tsi 400 and 500 (precursor to the TSX). The power is not really an issue - I listened to the Polks with the 1713, equivalent of the X1000.

The Dalis are much better than Polks in music. They are much more detailed with bass, vocals and high notes all equally clear - unlike the Polks where the bass crowds out the other two frequencies.

But on the flip side, the bass makes movie watching more fun.

i think i am going to go with the following options

denon x1000 for the av receiver
polk rti a7 for the speakers

i am thinking of purchasing these at the mall store here in phoenix mall. both together will cost me around 1.1 lacs which is 60k more than my budget :) i feel stupid but i think this is the way to go.

will i have any issues with the above setup especially considering the polk's need more power?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back