Good Subwoofer Within 60K for Home audio

Is it because of the low quality of the media file that is making you feel flat?? its quite possible.
I would advice to play movies like Avatar or Transformers etc in Blue-Ray (landmark movies for SQ) and check again.

Is it because of the low quality of the media file that is making you feel flat?? its quite possible.
I would advice to play movies like Avatar or Transformers etc in Blue-Ray (landmark movies for SQ) and check again.

I am playing original blu-ray discs..
Even Dolby ATMOS's disc is Blu-ray disc with clearly Dolby-True HD 7.1 displaying in the receiver.

Yes, I played Transformers latest blu-ray disc and it's good but nothing awesome than my old Pioneer Andew Jones S-MS3SW except SVS is little more deep. I don't see 74k performance compared to 12k Pioneer.
I saw Rythmik LV12R subwoofer couple of days back and it's much better than SVS in every aspect.

Even though it's expected in ported subwoofers music is pretty worst in SVS and ofcourse I don't care about music but just saying if in case anyone looking for music along with movies. 70% music(indian movies) sounds pretty inaccurate and boomy in some cases.

Last edited:
I think you will have to give it some more time for the sub to burn-in. Also try different positions if that is possible and see. May be a SVS PBxxxx owner can help you better.
Ported Subs are not great for music, hence you cant expect much in this area.

I am playing original blu-ray discs..
Even Dolby ATMOS's disc is Blu-ray disc with clearly Dolby-True HD 7.1 displaying in the receiver.

Yes, I played Transformers latest blu-ray disc and it's good but nothing awesome than my old Pioneer Andew Jones S-MS3SW except SVS is little more deep. I don't see 74k performance compared to 12k Pioneer.
I saw Rythmik LV12R subwoofer couple of days back and it's much better than SVS in every aspect.

Even though it's expected in ported subwoofers music is pretty worst in SVS and ofcourse I don't care about music but just saying if in case anyone looking for music along with movies. 70% music(indian movies) sounds pretty inaccurate and boomy in some cases.
True, Rythmik are great subs and top choice for music lovers specifically across the world. Had auditioned LV12R with NHTs, they are mind blowing.. Spoke to Ashish, their new model Rythmik L12 would be available for audition soon with Avenue Sound and ProSonics..

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Sealed (SVS SB series) are good for music.
But if you have a AVR with room correction, then go for PB-2000. You will love it. That thing can shake the sofas !
PB 1000 is not a good idea if loud music is preferred, it will struggle.

I m sure you have not setup your subwoofer properly.dont be disheartened.setting a sub properly is not that easy as it sounds.i had demoed this sub at nsl mall kukatpally. It had the thump which you are looking for ,but it didnt have that clarity. That y i told you to buy 2 sb1000.anyway try to change the settings.or ask any forum member to help you set it. Good luck.

Its a quite informative thread about various brands.Sorry to interrupt with different idea.If budget and space is not a concern,Why dual subwoofer setups can't be tried to increase better smooth response across the rooms.It may also increase the sweet spot.Some of our forum members have already tried this and got benefited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sealed (SVS SB series) are good for music.
But if you have a AVR with room correction, then go for PB-2000. You will love it. That thing can shake the sofas !
PB 1000 is not a good idea if loud music is preferred, it will struggle.

Yeah.. Sealed subs are best for music purpose and good enough for HT in a small room also. We are just saying how inaccurate Ported subs sounds with music especially with PB series in SVS but not bad generally(to me it's worst). I have seen many SVS owners didn't want or haven't had a chance to hear Rythmik or HSU in similar range compared to SVS. I prefer them any day over SVS. SVS can match or better in lower notes but very weak in mid and high bass notes compared to them. Only SVS Ultra range performs better in all notes...

I m sure you have not setup your subwoofer properly.dont be disheartened.setting a sub properly is not that easy as it sounds.i had demoed this sub at nsl mall kukatpally. It had the thump which you are looking for ,but it didnt have that clarity. That y i told you to buy 2 sb1000.anyway try to change the settings.or ask any forum member to help you set it. Good luck.

What you saw demo in Home cinema showroom is SVS PB12-NSD not PB 2000.. I too went there just last week thinking it is PB-2000 when he said it's PB2000 in phone call and I noticed it right away as soon as I entered the room. Asked him why this misleading and he said both are same. I didn't argue why they are not same since he has no idea about Sledge Amplifier STA-500D. Anyway sat and went through demo but oh my what a disappointment, PB2000 is much better even though PB12-NSD has high loud bass output. Like you said loudness is all it has except good depth or clearer bass. Velodyne EQ MAX 12 is much better than PB12-NSD. I went to audition PB2000 to check whether I am doing anything wrong but I am doing much better than showrooms. :)

Its a quite informative thread about various brands.Sorry to interrupt with different idea.If budget and space is not a concern,Why dual subwoofer setups can't be tried to increase better smooth response across the rooms.It may also increase the sweet spot.Some of our forum members have already tried this and got benefited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always prefer Dual Subs but I thought to try with single sub first before investing in dual subs. I also thought single PB-2000 would be suffice for my room size..

Last edited:
Then y so many good reviews of this sub??
Paid reviews???

I don't think so.. Maybe the place we saw demo might have running sub-woofer too much "Hot" setting...

In USA... SVS became quite famous due to their policies like 1 year upgrade, free return shipping, 45 Day hassle free home audition and most importantly customer service and finally their performance in ultra low bass notes too.. The above policies are mostly not available with other Brands.

I must honestly accept that I am impressed with lowest LFE performance with PB 2000. Yesterday saw demo Velodyne WI-Q 12, it's good and freakin loud mid and high bass(in a good way) unlike PB 2000 but when comes to lowest bass performance Velodyne is far from PB 2000. I mean Velodyne goes pretty deep and good but PB 2000 is different. Especially saw immense difference in "Gravity" Blu-ray movie.. I could feel different depth in PB 2000 than Velodyne. As soon as we played ATMOS music videos Velodyne shines quite a lot than SVS.

Couple of weeks back I decided to sell my PB 2000 for two reasons.First, size became quite concern if I want to run dual and second, high and mid bass notes are quite weak.If high and mid bass performance is equally good like it performs in ultra bass range, size wouldn't be a matter at all. In many professional reviews except Ultra models it's the same concern i raised and also many users are using Sub professional equalizers to get maximum of all. But they are very costly and other basic best option is AV receivers with MultEQ XT or MultEQ XT32 especially XT32 calibration is capable of sub equalization but not truly professional like dedicated one. I have read about this in one of the post in AVS forum and I decided to run myself too. Usually I turn off all built-in Audyssey and run everthing manual setup... But last week I did run Audyssey first time and used sub trim in receiver between +/- 3db with 1'o clock knob position in subwoofer. Phase 0 and low pass filter set to LFE on subwoofer. After Cabliration turned off all other sub Audyssey options expect Dynamic Equalizer "ON" and Audyssey X32T is set to "reference" level in av receiver "Marantz SR6011". All speakers are set to small and crossover set to 80 for all speakers. LPF set to 110 hz in receiver under Bass settings.Never touched anything in Subwoofer after Audyssey and raised trim levels for speakers to my liking in av receiver.

Now finally I ran the clips which I felt SVS was weak before Audyssey but now I can feel the sub is alive and performing better than manual setup. It's night and day before and after Audyssey but still I feel it just lacks the punch in mid and high bass. I know I am saying everytime about high and mid bass and it might irritate you all but trust me if you happen to see HSU or Rythmik models of same range then you will understand. In AVS forum, people also recommended to check the mid-bass performance by running this Demo disc... I ran it and felt quite disappointed even comparing to my old Pioneer S-MS3SW... After calibration it's slightly better in SVS but still :sad:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...rs/2685001-mid-bass-demo-disc-volume-1-a.html

I got good offers for my PB 2000 and decided to sell but after running Audyssey I am confused now. The ultra LFE performance is just remarkable to be honest. It shakes and lives beyond anything you can imagine. I watch all kind of movies and this where the problem lies. Sometimes I feel to accept how it performs and just enjoy ultra LFE performance.

Last edited:
Then y so many good reviews of this sub??
Paid reviews???
Nope Not all reviews are positive, dig deeper into negative reviews on Amazon itself, you'll get the answer.
But by all means its not very bad either.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

sunfire subwoofers will be available soon. sds, hrs, xteq series. will update once pricing is confirmed.

@Snoogans . Did you try the Line In option? Use Y-connector from the sub out.
You should get atleast 3-6db boost.
Get something like this for checking purpose alone. If you feel this options works, get proper cable Y connectors.
61mJ3UGj8dL._SY355_.jpg

Cheers

Yeah.. Sealed subs are best for music purpose and good enough for HT in a small room also. We are just saying how inaccurate Ported subs sounds with music especially with PB series in SVS but not bad generally(to me it's worst). I have seen many SVS owners didn't want or haven't had a chance to hear Rythmik or HSU in similar range compared to SVS. I prefer them any day over SVS. SVS can match or better in lower notes but very weak in mid and high bass notes compared to them. Only SVS Ultra range performs better in all notes...

What you saw demo in Home cinema showroom is SVS PB12-NSD not PB 2000.. I too went there just last week thinking it is PB-2000 when he said it's PB2000 in phone call and I noticed it right away as soon as I entered the room. Asked him why this misleading and he said both are same. I didn't argue why they are not same since he has no idea about Sledge Amplifier STA-500D. Anyway sat and went through demo but oh my what a disappointment, PB2000 is much better even though PB12-NSD has high loud bass output. Like you said loudness is all it has except good depth or clearer bass. Velodyne EQ MAX 12 is much better than PB12-NSD. I went to audition PB2000 to check whether I am doing anything wrong but I am doing much better than showrooms. :)

I always prefer Dual Subs but I thought to try with single sub first before investing in dual subs. I also thought single PB-2000 would be suffice for my room size..
Oh yeah definitely u can try it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back