Good Subwoofer Within 60K for Home audio

Stick with REL if you want a musical sub. You will have to place it extremely carefullly for it to integrate as REL relies on the room for integration. You will need one corner and about 3 feet space from the corner of the room to move the sub around. Otherwise go with a velodyne. Even the Monitor Audio silver sub's were pretty decent but none are as fast as the REL which is something you need for music.

I own SVS PB-1000 and it goes low and very good for movies and good for music. If you are interested it is sold for 45k in India by SVS dealers.

Kindly let me know the dealer. HTStore shows 52500/- . And enlighten how it performs for music.

Last edited:
who is SVS dealer in Mumbai... Anyone auditioned B&W AW610P? Velodyne Eq max vs. Dali... which is better...

Hello Everyone..
I am looking for SVS subs. I am mostly into movies than music. So is it sealed or ported better for me..

Main important thing is I am not able to get SVS dealers in Hyderabad for demo.Please let me know if anyone know this information.

Thank you in advance.

Go for a sealed subwoofer for music
Like Velodyne spl800 or svs sb-2000or go dual by buying svs sb-1000..u may have to stretch you budget a little bit.. But results will be worth it.

I have recently auditioned SUNFIRE SDS-8 & SDS-10, amazingly good subwoofer with small footprint.
I think its a must audition subwoofer in 50-80K range.

I am also thinking to buy PB2000. can you tell me from where you bought it?

Thanks

Also update on your impressions with the sub.

Bought from Sound and Vision, Hyderabad.

Sub is really good with distortion free deep bass but somehow I am not satisfied with it's overall performance. It does not mean it's bad but some frequency is quite flat and not really the loudness i wanted.

Example, in Dolby ATMOS demo clip called "Amaze" during cloud burst scene the bass is just deep flat but not really cheat thumping effect which I experienced with Velodyne EQ MAX 12 and EQ MAX 15 in demo room. But again EQ MAX series demo'ed in professional setup room and SVS in my house. so maybe acoustic or any other factors may be considered but my setup sounds almost same with demo rooms. So mixed results.

Again with Dolby ATMOS clip called Horizon, SVS sounded much better than EQ MAX series. So different results.
In Underworld Awakening movie, Large lycan foot steps is fantastically chest thumping deep enough and again not really loud enough in some other movies which i expected it to perform. My receiver is Pioneer VSX 923 and it's powerful enough to run any speakers and sub and I calibrated the sub properly with guidelines from SVS.

So i sincerely request anyone to demo the sub before buying and stop believing the internet reviews. I am regretting for sure to buy without demo.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back