Good to see a India specific audio forum

kirsn

Hello Everyone,
I have been bitten by the audio hi-fi systems bug. Just a couple of weeks earlier I was eyeing a Bose system, and was wondering which model in that line to pick up.
Then felt that there must be more to the audio world than Bose. Its been an eventful 2 weeks - Google, and AV forums have really come handy and have been super addictive.

It really is an emotionally charged field to get into - a lot of passion for good music and systems that render them, and also the aesthetics and quality with which audio systems are built.

Its been fun, and also good to get onto this India specific forum.
I am trying to gather the component that go into making a decent audio system. As a first step, I heard the Usher S520 at ARN Systems, Cox town, today. Oh man, Pink Floyd and Sting had never sounded better. I was just sitting back and listening to most of the songs for the good part of 30 minutes. Am heading back there sometime to check out the Monitor Audio bookshelfs too. Maybe a velodyne sub, and NAD pre-amps should complete the phase 1 of the purchases. Lets see.

I also intend to go check out the CA S30 bookshelf speakers sometime this week.

Anything else that I could check out - considering the range that I already have in mind - do not intend to cross the 1Lac mark just yet.
Thanks a lot for the wonderful posts in this forum - informative and useful posts I must say.

And also wish me luck with this search.
Kiran

Hi,
Welcome to the forum and happy hunting ( for whatever that you are after ) !!

Yes the ushers are very good,So you've made positive beginning with Auditioning these !!

If its pure stereo set-up at 1lac or below,I'd say no use in checking the CA S30 (nothing against it) as you have tons of options then those !! also will tell you something that I always tell every one,Please please don't try to listen or checkout everything under the sun ( or atleast available in india/bangalore) just have 3 brands max in mind and give them proper listen and buy one !! I've seen people who have been searching for years,for that perfect system and they are still searching !! I don't want to dampen your spirits,but just trying to tell how addictive it can be (in the wrong way).

As said earlier you've a perfect start,so just stick with it don't get lost searching !!

By the way since you are in listening mode,I Invite you to Audition my DIY Towers ( Am offering members of this forum to Audition and give me feedbacks ,and I can deffently use your feedback :D),More details of the Towers are in Anils DIY speaker thread ( see my post in that).

If you are interested please PM me for further talks.

Regards.

Last edited:
soundsgreat,
soundadvice! thanks for that. Yes, I got a sense of how addictive this auditioning thing can be, just with my first step in that direction. Your advice is timely, will keep that in mind.

Thanks for the invitation, will PM you on that sometime soon.

Also, I suppose you are referring to this thread on DIY Speakers: http://www.hifivision.com/diy/1039-diy-speaker-box-building-faq-tutorial.html ?
Thanks for that pointer.

Kiran

Hi,

You are most welcome my friend !! thats why we are here for ( nothing pleases more then helping a fellow Audio Enthu) !!

Sure PM me any time and we shall take it from there !!

No buddy its not the thread that Am referring to,this is general help thread for DIY folks. mine is this one

http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/158-my-first-diy-speakers-6.html
Third post onwards is my build !!
and a dedicated thread on my DIY is this.
My DIY Folded Horn Tower

these are my other projects.
http://www.hifivision.com/diy/1014-my-diy-speaker-cable.html
http://www.hifivision.com/diy/1087-beware-anaconda-s-coming.html

Regards.

Just wanted to close this (ancient) thread, which I started, with some details of my purchase.

I ended up buying CA Azur 640A amplifier, and Mordaunt Short Avant 906i floor standing speakers. Very happy with the setup. Balanced sound.
Maybe will start the CDP hunt sometime later.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back