Google Home mini

I was told we can work the lights and fans and air conditioning also on this ? Wondering how.

Heard some things about Philips hue and the hue family. Still wondering what I need. All these gizmos ,sigh.:rolleyes:

I was told we can work the lights and fans and air conditioning also on this ? Wondering how.

Heard some things about Philips hue and the hue family. Still wondering what I need. All these gizmos ,sigh.:rolleyes:

Ha ha...yesh. world is full of all sorts of tech to make us lazy bums.

You can use these switch to control using Google home

Smart WiFi Wall Socket Outlet,Wireless In-Wall Light Switch Plate Socket Timing Works With Amazon Alexa Google Home
http://s.aliexpress.com/Urymi2M7?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Mini Wifi Smart Wall Switch EU Glass Panel 2 Gang Mobile APP Remote Control Works with Amazon Alexa Google Home No Hub required
http://s.aliexpress.com/YvamyEB3?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Mini Wifi Smart Wall Switch EU Glass Panel 2 Gang Mobile APP Remote Control Works with Amazon Alexa Google Home No Hub required
http://s.aliexpress.com/YvamyEB3?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
Are you considering getting a similar switch? Because I am considering but I am not sure if it will fit our existing gang box.
Plus I would prefer to go with the Rf switches because, firstly they are cheaper and second if you add many wifi switches it would keep on adding to the number of devices on the wifi network and reduce speed.

Are you considering getting a similar switch? Because I am considering but I am not sure if it will fit our existing gang box.
Plus I would prefer to go with the Rf switches because, firstly they are cheaper and second if you add many wifi switches it would keep on adding to the number of devices on the wifi network and reduce speed.

Na...not now. i am now staying in a rented place. so i am planning to have an LED strip for my TV and two light bulbs so that it can give a good effect while listening to music. rest of the automation only after i buy a place to love :D

and btw, any good rbg light bulb which you came across in aliexpress?

The Philips hue looks very nice! Good quality but seems super expensive. Nonetheless I think I'll buy it soon.

Haven't tried any for now. I'll wait on the led strips to arrive. Then will think about it. Though I don't think I need any bulbs.

Even I was thinking the same. LED strips are way cooler and cheaper. Waiting for the ordered one to arrive and will proceed further based in their performance

Bought the Philips hue mini starter kit for 6k from amazon. Will get it tomorrow morning.

I like the lightstrip but it’s too costly.

Nope, bridge and one bulb with white and Color. Should arrive in a couple of hours, I’ll post pics.

So got it delivered by Amazon right now. Setting up was a piece of cake even for a dud like me. Took 5 odd minutes.

The box contained a white and color LED and a bridge that connects to your home wifi.

I have set it up in my hall. For the moment just wanted to experiment with one light. Now I'm going to buy a few more since I really love it. You have to download the Phillips hue app on your phone and from there the setup is easy.

You can use a circular wheel on the app to change the colors on the lamp in real time. It's a pretty cool app and my daughter just loves it. The colors are bright and amazing.

Synced it with my Google mini too. Now I can use voice commands to activate and change the color and lighting moods etc. The hue app on the phone is pretty amazing and easy to use.

Only con. It's expensive. I think each bulb costs a couple of thousand I think. Few pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG-20180418-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20180418-WA0019.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20180418-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20180418-WA0018.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-20180418-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20180418-WA0015.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 17
So got it delivered by Amazon right now. Setting up was a piece of cake even for a dud like me. Took 5 odd minutes.

The box contained a white and color LED and a bridge that connects to your home wifi.

I have set it up in my hall. For the moment just wanted to experiment with one light. Now I'm going to buy a few more since I really love it. You have to download the Phillips hue app on your phone and from there the setup is easy.

You can use a circular wheel on the app to change the colors on the lamp in real time. It's a pretty cool app and my daughter just loves it. The colors are bright and amazing.

Synced it with my Google mini too. Now I can use voice commands to activate and change the color and lighting moods etc. The hue app on the phone is pretty amazing and easy to use.

Only con. It's expensive. I think each bulb costs a couple of thousand I think. Few pics attached.

For light strips, check the link which I shared. They are super cheap

I’m using the google mini to open up YouTube, Netflix, google play music, all through my Marantz AVR hooked to the tv.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back