Google Play Music now available in India

50k songs storage sounds exciting. Is that just song count irrespective of file size?

Unofficialy been using google play music for more than a year now, but since now its legit in India, tried the quality that was offered ......Bitrate was 320kbps, purchased one song to test and downloaded on the machine and checked ....

I would have easily paid 50 or even 75 bucks instead of current 15 to have the FLAC version. WHY , just WHY cannt these music services offer FLACS, atleast for downloads if not for streaming ... :(

Last edited:
15 Rs per song is expensive..you willing to pay 50 (or) 75 per song? :sad:

on itunes it would be more or less the same. On apple music it is 120 pm but that is to stream

If I were to buy a CD with say 10 tracks I would be paying about > 50 per track. (If I could get the damnthing :rolleyes: etc).

The point being that it is more or less what we pay today for legal lossless, so no change in the pain :eek:, apart from a huge reduction in the hassle of sourcing it, for which I would gladly pay the difference of not having a jewel box and a shiny disc. So yeah, if such a hypothetical source for lossless, I'd be spending money there

ciao
gr

for FLAC version yes not MP3ss ...:)

Yes.. I too was referring to FLAC version..50 - 75 Rs/FLAC song is way expensive..

on itunes it would be more or less the same. On apple music it is 120 pm but that is to stream

Think Google is following apple here on pricing..

If I were to buy a CD with say 10 tracks I would be paying about > 50 per track. (If I could get the damnthing :rolleyes: etc).

Audio CD's (as it is scare) don't cost more than 100Rs for any regional (or) at the max 150Rs.. Assuming an album has 8 songs, it would cost Rs 400 to download on mobile and would cost 100 - 150Rs for a physical CD..

The point being that it is more or less what we pay today for legal lossless, so no change in the pain :eek:, apart from a huge reduction in the hassle of sourcing it, for which I would gladly pay the difference of not having a jewel box and a shiny disc. So yeah, if such a hypothetical source for lossless, I'd be spending money there

But, keeping such high price will only keep the users away from legal downloading..

Rather 1 - 2 Rs/ MP3 song would be fantastic, would encourage more users to access, more revenue partially killing the piracy..

5 - 10Rs/FLAC would be really great as it would encourage more downloads..

ciao
gr

Depends on where you buy, but on Amazon.com you get a lot of good CDs for $6-$7, sometimes even around $5. It works out a lot cheaper than buying digital tracks, plus you'll always have a backup copy.

HD music is a different matter, but that is even more highway robbery in terms of pricing.

Tidal lossless music is the only one that makes sense in terms of lossless music plus millions of albums at a fraction of the price.

Unofficialy been using google play music for more than a year now, but since now its legit in India, tried the quality that was offered ......Bitrate was 320kbps, purchased one song to test and downloaded on the machine and checked ....

I would have easily paid 50 or even 75 bucks instead of current 15 to have the FLAC version. WHY , just WHY cannt these music services offer FLACS, atleast for downloads if not for streaming ... :(

If you want uncompressed check out saregama. Their pricing is unbelievably good. They sell wav @10 bucks a song and albums as low as 37 bucks.

Yes.. I too was referring to FLAC version..50 - 75 Rs/FLAC song is way expensive...

It is not! ...... considering it is legit, plus most imp, the availability and the quality. Not all FLACS should be 50-75, old songs and till 90ss can be 10-15, latest ones pro 2000 can be 50-75. If I try to legitimately find a FLAC version any latest song like for example MohanJodaro, I cannot, legit or even ill legit..... On the other hand MP3 are flooded like anything. Hence yes I am ready to pay the price just for the quality and very imp availability of the albums

Last edited:
Depends on where you buy, but on Amazon.com you get a lot of good CDs for $6-$7, sometimes even around $5. It works out a lot cheaper than buying digital tracks, plus you'll always have a backup copy.

but in MBM, from amazon.com that will mean shipping + customs + toilet/farmer etc. and then the wait. or you wait for someone to bring it across

I just checked one at random on amazon.in the CD of Billy Joel will cost me 718 INR. another at random Coltrane Blue Train 4,967.

75 INR per track for legal lossless seems like a very desirable price, from where i am :eek:

ciao
gr

Last edited:
It is not! ...... considering it is legit, plus most imp, the availability and the quality. Not all FLACS should be 50-75, old songs and till 90ss can be 10-15, latest ones pro 2000 can be 50-75. If I try to legitimately find a FLAC version any latest song like for example MohanJodaro, I cannot, legit or even ill legit..... On the other hand MP3 are flooded like anything. Hence yes I am ready to pay the price just for the quality and very imp availability of the albums

I too face a very similar situation.. I prefer not to buy CD's, digital files would do..When audio launch happens for a movie, i need to wait for 2-3 months to get a lossless copy.. But 320 Kbps MP3 are aval, the next day of audio launch..

May be 20 - 25 Rs max/FLAC would be fine for a new disc, but 10 Rs is what i think it should be good at.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back