Got a few lps now looking for a tt.

on other note, I was just browsing few other sellers and I came across this
sony multi CD-player per his description
... enjoy :eek:hyeah:

..I... never came across speakers in measured in "KW" ... kilowatts! ... um... 3 CDs plying simultaneously... driving 2 speakers of 20KW

The part of India he stays there people speak only Hindi and English is not at all preferred language. He tried to explain in his terms and It is fine.
It is unfortunate that in India English is considered to be prime language.

Can a TT be couriered safely?Almost all the ads in olx,quickr etc are from Mumbai and the north.A long way from Kerala.

Can a TT be couriered safely?Almost all the ads in olx,quickr etc are from Mumbai and the north.A long way from Kerala.

I had recently sent a turntable by courier to another city.

The main things that I understood that had to be done for safe shipping -
The platter should be removed before shipping and packed separately.
The tonearm should be secured with a wire.
Suspension or suspended motor should be tightened down.
The packing should be 'double packing' using two cardboard boxes or some other similar method.

My turntable had reached safely.

Hi,
Yes TT can be shipped if packed properly.Sann has received TT from Shivam in very good condition.Let me know whenever you find a TT which needs to be shipped to you.I will send you few good links for packing and shipping a TT.You can instruct a seller to follow that.

Regards,
Sachin

Thanks Sachin and Shivam .
I will be going to audition a few TTs tomorrow and most probably buy a suitable one.
Lets see what happens.

Siva... just dampen the platter with Clay or something, it will make the TT sing at a different level...

This is a great forum.The way people with whom I have had no prior connection have helped me in this quest is unbelievable. Thanks Malvai,Sachin,Suresh,Steve and Ruebensm

Hello,
I went to a shop in Calicut looking for a valve radio and on impulse bought some 35 lps instead.And the same day bought another set of about 25 lps from our FM Suresh Kuranjalayil.
I dont have a tt and my knowledge is zero.
So if the analog gurus can recommend or guide me in getting a suitable turntable it would be very helpful.
My budget is....well as low as possible.And it shouldnt be too difficult to set up or maintain.I am planning to use a vintage Yamaha amp until I can afford a proper phono pre.
Thanks.

Siva,
I suggest you start with a low priced vintage Philips or HMV player with built in amp ,but with a good needle(you may get one for Rs. 2500 - Rs. 4000, without speakers). Play with it for some time, understand the mechanism etc..before you invest in a Rs. 5000+ player. If you need any help, PM me.
Regards,
Anil Kumar

This is a great forum.The way people with whom I have had no prior connection have helped me in this quest is unbelievable. Thanks Malvai,Sachin,Suresh,Steve and Ruebensm

we're all ONE here brother... i learn from your experiences, and you learn from mine! we save a lot of heartaches that way!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back