Got my first record rolling on my Lp12

Sunderpalanivel

Hi Guys,

Today I got my Naim AMP , Naim stageline MC phono and NAC5 and got my LP12 rolling !!!!

The sales man who sells Naim and Rega products was very nice to come to my place after his working hours and set everything up for me and to inspect my LP 12 as he is a certified LP service person.

When he looked at the TT his first words were " Its in very good condition" and when we played the first record he said " It sounds better than Rega RP6".

To me it sounded fantastic and better than anything I have listened to until today. :yahoo:

Happy to share few more pics.

Cheers,
Sunder.

Last edited:
Congrats Sunder, looks awesome and am sure sounds awesome too :). Curious to know how much the Naim Stageline cost.

Congrats! Naim and linn combo, nice.

May be you should get better speakers to do justice? i don't know.:)

Congrats! That's a great setup there with some really good kit. Enjoy!

So which record did you play first? :)

A pleasure to look at...a treat! Thanks for sharing your happiness, makes me:licklips:

helium
Cambridge Audio 640c V2 + Lyrita SET 2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW-175 + Pure Silver cables = 'Music Nirvana'

By the way, my original plan of Rega fono changed because when I went to the shop to by Naim 5i, the sales person introduced me to an used Naim 5 (not 5i), he also said its better than 5i as I can see, it has many functions of Naim XS, it can power the phono stage (Which is why I bought Naim stage line) and it has pre outs and I can add external power supply..so Considering all that I went for Naim 5 rather than 5i. Still happy with the way it sounds :)

Last edited:

Sunder, there are plenty of speakers to choose from. I dont know why you chose the Dyns (have you heard them ?) but your 50 watt Naim is just about adequate driving it. IMO, you may not be doing doing justice to either of them. Here is another speaker you could also consider:

Magneplanar Mini Maggie

It is a 2.1 design, and even the bass panel is a planar speaker. I have not quite heard anything like it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back