Grandale Audio

Kannan

This was shared in WhatsApp Group. Looks like a new Indian company as the website is still a bit immature.
They have a shop on Amazon India.

Interesting speaker builds including transmission line speakers, but not much information.
They are also selling raw full range drivers.

Any idea about this company or has anyone heard their offerings.
Bookshelf is priced 60k on Amazon and a Tower MTM with a bass module is priced 80k.

grandale tower.jpg
G3_001-655x1024.png

This was shared in WhatsApp Group. Looks like a new Indian company as the website is still a bit immature.
They have a shop on Amazon India.

Interesting speaker builds including transmission line speakers, but not much information.
They are also selling raw full range drivers.

Any idea about this company or has anyone heard their offerings.
Bookshelf is priced 60k on Amazon and a Tower MTM with a bass module is priced 80k.

View attachment 68724
View attachment 68725
Awesome... :D
I found their website here:
No idea about who these people are
Now that design of the baffle shape tells me they have either copied the shape from the right places or they really know what they are doing.. :)
In fact I would be happy if they make that baffle shape more like this.. ;)
1650025868985.png
The above speaker has been designed by one of the modern legends in audio (Kimmosto) :)
This is one of the best baffle shapes for regular 1inch tweeter + 5-6 inch midbass kind of configuration. Minimal baffle around a direct radiating 1 inch tweeter will smoothen out the directivity/power response characteristics of the speaker due to reduction in diffraction-induced artifacts. Progressively widening baffle width around midbass will help it and not cause additional narrowing of its already entering beaming regime response at higher frequencies. This will help in a smooth transition from the mid to the woofer if one employs a proper crossover.

The other MTM + Woofer design in the pic is also a design which has promise :)
I would whole heartedly support them if it were an Indian company :D
(Anyway the sound will also, to a great extent, depend on the quality of drivers and crossover implementation, but at least they are on the right track)

@yogibear: Keeping the drivers close together is not always a good idea in general, if a speaker is designed for mid to far field listening. The modern guidelines based on optimizing the CEA 2034 spinorama indicated responses point out that if one can't get the driver spacing (center-to-center) within less than 0.5x wavelength at crossover, the next best option is aiming for a c-c spacing around 1-1.4x wavelength at crossover frequency. This will give better power response compared to a c-c spacing of something else.
For nearfield application, anyway a good coaxial-based speaker always wins the game in terms of objective parameters :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I would rather go case by case in that case. Not yet convinced on 1-1.4x distance until I attempt myself.
Please read the posts around here (post no 312) for the justifications regarding c-c distance:
also Kimmosto's posts before and after this post:
The concept is explained in gory details with illustrations in that thread.. :)
I never told c-c = 1-1.4x wavelength at crossover gives the best audible sound quality always ;) .
It could be under the right conditions. In the end it yields a better set of compromises than some other c-c s between 0.5-0.7x wavelength at crossover.. :)

Coaxials are ideal choice but they come with their own inherent problems wrt to the mid driver cone size, cross over frequency….
Yes it is hard to get the best coaxial for DIY especially those qualified under "hifi" drivers.
Concept-wise, it is the best. In practice, as with all other things in audio, it is a compromise. If implemented in the right way, it can sound very good..

I would make use of truncated faceplate on the mid in the BS. Rotate it and bring it closer to the tweeter.

Don’t really understand why aesthetics take preference over acoustics in the designs. (Practiced by many in case of truncated face plates in mids / woofers)

My idea of a BS would be:

View attachment 68726
The truncated faceplate can also be used on a speaker which is narrow. But I have seen lot of diyers buying the truncated version for no reason

The fit and finish looks high quality. Great to see another speaker manufacturer from India.
Looking forward to reading some reviews by experienced listeners and some independent measurements too.

Good that another Indian company is trying to offer alternatives.
However, if getting an answer for a query is so difficult, prospective buyers will be put off by the thought of after sales service they might encounter. The owner should look into this with priority. More than the product/solution, customers today look for the experience!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back