Great Audiophile products

Rem

Does any of you either own or listened to these Amplifiers

Spectron, Tact etc

The Musician III Mk2

Tact Audio - Amplifiers, Stereo Processors, Surround Sound Processors

are they available in India. I was just searching the internet and stumbled upon some rave reviews abt these.

I would also like this thread to be a place where you guys can mention amplifier or any audio equipement for that matter that you would see in India.

Shaizada was earlier talking about his Omega speakers; for a newbie like me these are products that I have never thought existed so I would like you sr more experienced members to mention some truly exotic and great products that they have read about or have experienced it themselves to mention those brands in this thread

Last edited:
Waxol ear drops. Simply put a few drops in both ears the night before a listening session, plug the ears with cotton and take a nice hot bath the next day.

Guaranteed to increase system resolution and dynamic ability. Be careful with that volume control though, everything will seem a bit louder.

For a few days, protect your ears before going out, put in a small swab of cotton as automobile horns etc will seem very loud and may hurt your ears due to lack of wax. The wax will reform in a few days.

For best results, repeat every two weeks.

p.s. I'm totally serious.

Nice idea. But, I believe this will make my gf sound MUCH brighter. Decisions decisions..

Waxol ear drops. Simply put a few drops in both ears the night before a listening session, plug the ears with cotton and take a nice hot bath the next day.

Guaranteed to increase system resolution and dynamic ability. Be careful with that volume control though, everything will seem a bit louder.

For a few days, protect your ears before going out, put in a small swab of cotton as automobile horns etc will seem very loud and may hurt your ears due to lack of wax. The wax will reform in a few days.

I thought this should be in the thread league of extra(ordinary) gentlemen
but then I googled abt this and this is wat I got

How does it work?

This preparation contains docusate sodium. It acts by penetrating and softening ear wax. Ear wax is a normal secretion of the ear. It is produced to provide a protective layer in the ear and on the ear drum. There are times when too much wax is produced. This can result hearing difficulties. Wax is normally removed by flushing the ear with warm water. If there is a lot of wax or the wax is very hard, the wax needs to be softened using ear drops, such as docusate drops. These are used for up to two nights before the ear is syringed. Ear wax is a normal secretion of the body. It is produced to provide a protective layer in the ear and on the ear drum. However, there are times when the too much wax is produced. This can result in problems with hearing and therefore the wax needs to be removed. Wax is normally removed by flushing the ear with warm water. If there is a lot of wax or the wax is very hard, the wax needs to be softened first. This softening is done by ear drops, such as docusate sodium drops, that are used for a few days before the ear is cleansed.

What is it used for?

- Removal of ear wax

Warning!

- Stop using this medicine and consult your doctor if skin irritation develops while using this medicine.

Not to be used in

- Known sensitivity or allergy to any ingredient
- Perforated ear drum (ear preparations only)

This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy. If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.

Pregnancy and Breastfeeding

Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.

- There are no known harmful effects when this medicine is used during pregnancy.
- There are no known harmful effects when this medicine is used by breastfeeding mothers.

Side effects

Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.

- Irritation

The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the drug's manufacturer. For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.

How can this medicine affect other medicines?

There are no reported interactions with this preparation.

Cranky is right clearing ear wax can make thgs sound a lot clearer, but then I wanted guys to list out products like amps cdps and speakers and not ear wax cleaners :sad:

Cranky, wow! simple basic necessity ignored by so many people
also your posts are so well informed, technically so correct and never off topic. I almost always read them
Thanks

LOL cranky.being a medic i find its a very apt suggestion too.heh,on one hand we talk about changing I/Cs,powercords,brightness,sharpness,dullness,muddiness,etc,etc,but doing something as simple as this for sure will 'liven' up the perception of ur music.cheers

Last edited:
is there any drop to add more wax to my ears in case I find my system a bit bright?

PS: I think a few drops of musturd oil should be helpful. But may not be audiophile grade ;)

Its mustard

I would be grateful if you guys can talk abt what I mentioned in my initial post.
It was a way for me and others to learn about products that novices like me have not heard of.

If any of you are not interested in sharing the kind of information I have mentioned then refrain from posting anything at all.

Its a request

^^Never attempt to add anything to block your ears, except a small wad of cotton. The wad should not be too small lest it slip into your inner ear.

For a bright system, toe out the speakers or use a tone control. A small slip of cloth over the tweeter will tame the top octave at the expense of slightly more ragged response.

Let's get back to the topic now (I consider Waxol a really useful audiophile product) and discuss hardware :)

Its Waxsol

Cranky,

Someones attempting to use your id and spread their ear wax products; hope the real cranky sees this.

I wish I could delete this thread

@moderator

You should provide the members the option to delete the threads which they have started. Saves server space.

Last edited:
sorry REM I got carried away off topic. Other reason is I have no knowledge or budget of/ for audiophile products.
Something to share though - I was listening to Santana live CD yesterday on my Philips DVDP last night and it DID sound muddied/ muddled as compared to my NAD 542 CDP, compared to my earlier listening sessions. I was pulled by my hair and dragged out of living room before I could switch sourced and do an "open eyes" blind test. It was 11:30 in the night.

regards

Its Waxsol

Cranky,

Someones attempting to use your id and spread their ear wax products; hope the real cranky sees this.

I wish I could delete this thread

@moderator

You should provide the members the option to delete the threads which they have started. Saves server space.

No issues Anm

just that I thought people would share their thoughts on some great products that they have heard or read about.

See I cant buy any of those products costing lakhs of rs( even if I can I would prefer saving it and buying a car) which many in this forum can but I would love to know more about them and expand my knowledge of audio or audiophile products.

Hi Rem

I have heard the Omega with their subs and personally think Rethm Saadhanas are superior. Set up properly music sounds much more alive.

Franck Tchang ASI acoustic resonators are a great product. Earlier i had 6 Real Traps to sort out my room problems. Then i switched to Acoustic System resonators and find the whole presentation much more musical. I use 4 resonators. I do not know how they work but they do.

Hi Rem

I have an Esoteric P70 Transport and D70 DAC. Presently amplification is RWA Sig 30.2 which will be replaced shortly by Rethms SE integrated tube amp. Speakers are Rethm Saadhana. Powercords are a mix of Lessloss and Acoustic System Liveline. Interconnects are Acoustic System Liveline. Speaker cables are Rethm. Wall outlets and plates are Oyaide. All equipment is on SRA Craz rack with the transport and dac on their own SRA VR Isobases. Room treatment is Acoustic System resonators.

ooh rethm has amps?

Hi Rem

I have an Esoteric P70 Transport and D70 DAC. Presently amplification is RWA Sig 30.2 which will be replaced shortly by Rethms SE integrated tube amp. Speakers are Rethm Saadhana. Powercords are a mix of Lessloss and Acoustic System Liveline. Interconnects are Acoustic System Liveline. Speaker cables are Rethm. Wall outlets and plates are Oyaide. All equipment is on SRA Craz rack with the transport and dac on their own SRA VR Isobases. Room treatment is Acoustic System resonators.

Rethm tube amps are not yet officially launched. They will be soon.

Good to hear this Prem. I remember Jacob mention this sometime back. Good to know they are going to be out soon. Knowing him, they are sure to be outstanding :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back