Great Bimal Roy Movies

venkatcr

Great Guru Dutt Movies

Today I picked up the following movies released by Moser Baer.

Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam
Pyaasa
Chaudhvin Ka Chand
Kaagaz Ke Phool

At 45 Rupees each these are no brainer purchases. If you like Hindi movies, at Rs.180, you will be the proud owner of Guru Dutt's best movies. Kaagaz Ke Phool is also a winner of 2 Filmfare Awards. Of course, the songs in all these movies are simply superb.

For those of you who are 25 odd years in age, Guru Dutt Roy was an offbeat director, producer, actor, cinematographer active in late 40s to 50s, He was involved with about 35 odd movies, many of which became classics. His 'Pyaasa' is considered as one of Best 100 Films of all times by Time Magazine. All his movies had superb songs, and generally a sad romantic theme. Actors such as Waheeda Rehman, Meena Kumari rose to great heights under his guidance.

Cheers

Last edited:
AAAAAH!
How you bring back the golden years, Venkat!
Youngsters, you could do a lot worse than picking up the movies suggested-priceless gems, each & every one, & a whole heap better than most of the mindless trash which goes under the name of movies these days.

Thanks for the post Venkat. Where did you pick them from? I am not a big movie watcher these days but would not mind seeing them as they are classics. (might make me feel younger :) )

Thx.

Venkat,

If u liked these, check out "Do Bhiga Zameen" too. Bimal Roy directed this one too. It's a simple story, taken really well.

Regds,
Manoj

Have seen Pyaasa and Kaagaz Ke Phool numerous times. Pyaasa is truly a masterpiece. Must watch stuff.

Thanks for the post Venkat. Where did you pick them from? I am not a big movie watcher these days but would not mind seeing them as they are classics. (might make me feel younger :) )
Thx.

I picked them up from a shop called Odyssey in Chennai. They are available wherever they sell Moser Baer DVDs. I am sure landmark will have them. They have also recently released a six pack set of the all the movies I mentioned and also Aar Par and Mr&Mrs 55.

(www.moserbaerhomevideo.com)

You can also order online at the above site.

Godfather, thanks. I do have Do Bhiga Zamin with me already. Iam keenly looking for Baazi that was also directed by Guru Dutt for Dev Anand. I believe that is the first one and precursor to all crime movies in India.

Cheers

Today I picked up the following movies released by Moser Baer.

Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam
Pyaasa
Chaudhvin Ka Chand
Kaagaz Ke Phool

At 45 Rupees each these are no brainer purchases. If you like Hindi movies, at Rs.180, you will be the proud owner of Guru Dutt's best movies. Kaagaz Ke Phool is also a winner of 2 Filmfare Awards. Of course, the songs in all these movies are simply superb.

For those of you who are 25 odd years in age, Guru Dutt Roy was an offbeat director, producer, actor, cinematographer active in late 40s to 50s, He was involved with about 35 odd movies, many of which became classics. His 'Pyaasa' is considered as one of Best 100 Films of all times by Time Magazine. All his movies had superb songs, and generally a sad romantic theme. Actors such as Waheeda Rehman, Meena Kumari rose to great heights under his guidance.

Cheers

Will check these out Venkat. Thanks for the tip...:)
My dad used to be a big fan of Bimal Roy....

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back