Great music albums...recorded really well!!

Kind of Blue (M.Davis) and Jazz at the pawn shop definitely stand out among jazz albums. Especially J@Pawn S. Not the band's own music but mainly known for the way it was recorded.

The other day I bought For True (Label: Verve Forecast-2011: Price-Rs.395) by Troy Andrews aka Trombone Shorty from Rhythm House. Shorty is a multi-talented instrumentalist & vocalist, with a special affinity towards brass musical instruments. Needless to say the guy is from New Orleans.

Trombone Shortys music just blows you away with its infectious energy. The music is a kind of creative jazz with the right amount of Funk, R&B, Rock and other elements thrown in. The albums musical content is about 45 minutes of Shorty's original compositions and contains not a single lousy track. Jeff Beck, Warren Hayes, Ledisi (vocal on Then there was you - a memorable track) and others have contributed their bit in various tracks of the album. None of the guest artists overshadow Shortys musical prowess in the album. Try out his music on Youtube.

Some albums/pressings of great albums that I find very well mastered

1) Dark Side of the Moon CD--Toshiba/EMI Japan First Press--CP35-3017
2) Dark Side of the Moon CD--MFSL Ultradisc II UDCD 517
3) Santana-Abraxas CD--MFSL Ultradisc II UDCD 775
4) The Doors-Morrison Hotel CD--Audio Fidelity 24k Gold AFZ 037
5) Metallica-Master of Puppets CD--DCC Steve Hoffman GZS 1133
6) Queensryche-Operation Mindcrime CD--EMI/Capitol UK, LC 7365
7) Fleetwood Mac-Rumours CD--Polygram Germany, 3010-2
8) Jethro Tull-Aqualung CD--DCC Steve Hoffman, GZS 1105
9) Beatles-White Album LP--MFSL 2-072
10) Beatles-Abbey Road LP--MFSL 1-023

The Trinity Session (1988) Label-RCA(BMG): Cowboy Junkies - This album is timeless & one of my favourites. The recording of this album was done overnight in a Church with a help of single microphone. This was CJs sophomore effort, in which they had performed many of their originals along with few covers. CJ usually perform their music in super-slow mode with a haunting touch. Their interpretations of Mining for gold, Dreaming my dreams with you, Hank Williams Im so lonesome I could cry, & Patsy Clines Walking after midnight were done tastefully - there is also a very interesting version of Lou Reeds Sweet Jane in the album. I picked up four of CJs albums with RCA label on sale for Rs.110/- each, at the time of SONY-BMG merger.

If you like what you hear, try out their album Pale Sun, Crescent Moon (1993).

Sara K's and Chris Jones' work on Stockfish records, a German label, are now standard audiophile reference discs in Europe.Like Chesky of USA I suppose. His reference album is Roadhouses & Automobiles. Check out the song "Thank you". If it can sound so good on my lappy speakers, imagine how great it would sound on our uber expensive gear! Enjoy.

Check out Chris' work here -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXMRRrd8hxk&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BqCtFbzAljrrrHu7hHAORA

Last edited:
Creedence Clearwater Revival 16 Klassiker is really well recorded!
R-150-3113727-1317671837.jpeg

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back