Green Mountain Audio Eos HX

Thanks Sid! Your visit is long overdue ...

Yes I know :sad:, we will plan it soon however. As I mentioned to you before I heard the larger GMA speakers (don't recall the name) at a dealer in Windsor, Canada many years ago. Really liked the sound, specifically vocals were very realistic, so I am curious to hear these as well.
Cheers,
Sid

Missed this thread...

I must visit next time I'm in Hyd... at least to look at the aliens.

Congrats Nikhil.

mpw said:
it is certainly unconventional and quirky looking... almost a martian

Nikhil said:
Parking meters! That's the thought I had when I first saw them.
However they have a look that somehow works in my room.

OK, I'll throw away the tact and say that, from the manufacturer's pics, I thought they looked quirky, weird and horrible.

But in your room they look great. Given the price, I guess you must be very satisfied with the sound too. :eek:hyeah:

OK, I'll throw away the tact and say that, from the manufacturer's pics, I thought they looked quirky, weird and horrible.

But in your room they look great. Given the price, I guess you must be very satisfied with the sound too. :eek:hyeah:

Thad,

It's a common issue with these speakers. And you are right - they do look a lot better in the flesh.
As I have mentioned before everything about these speakers are functional. Roy Johnson is a stickler for details.

If it interests you there is an active discussion on Audiogon (look for topic called "Sloped Baffles").
Roy's comments are in there on page 2 and on page 4. His handle on there is Royj.

Regards.

Last edited:
I once considered buying them before settling for Vandersteen. Like the latter, these speakers are time and phase aligned design, hence true to their function, but some may not like them.

Happy listening.
murali

Congratz Nikhil!!! sweet buy.. from whatever I could read about em ;) .. will come down to listen to them if you have some spare time :D

I once considered buying them before settling for Vandersteen. Like the latter, these speakers are time and phase aligned design, hence true to their function, but some may not like them.

Happy listening.
murali

Hi murali,

I had some apprehensions about these speakers but really they just sound good. The time alignment (which implies phase alignment) is used to tune the speaker positioning and that's it. After that everything just locks in and good clean sound is the result.

Which model Vandersteens do you have?

Regards.

Congratz Nikhil!!! sweet buy.. from whatever I could read about em ;) .. will come down to listen to them if you have some spare time :D

Thanks dawg! Come on over anytime.

Great Speakers Nikhil - heard lot about these.

Thanks pratimbayal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi murali,

I had some apprehensions about these speakers but really they just sound good. The time alignment (which implies phase alignment) is used to tune the speaker positioning and that's it. After that everything just locks in and good clean sound is the result.

Which model Vandersteens do you have?

Regards.

Quatro wood. They replaced my earlier 2Ce Signature.

murali

Quatro wood. They replaced my earlier 2Ce Signature.

murali

Heck of a speaker! I really wish you could be more active on here.
So much of information available if FMs like you would participate more!

Regards!

Truly interesting looking speakers. The fact that you still have them proves their value and performance especially looking at the rest of your high end chain.

Truly interesting looking speakers. The fact that you still have them proves their value and performance especially looking at the rest of your high end chain.

Thanks Kannan!

Speakers are a very difficult item to change at least for me.
Changes to the rest of my gear are relatively easier.

But they are good speakers. Excellent design and build.
Unfortunately the designer has been suffering from poor health in recent years.
I hope that he recovers but at the moment he is not able to deliver on orders.

In the future I am not sure what direction to take after getting used to these.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back