Grey Market In Bangalore

vickysami

Hi Guys,

I am planning to KEF 2005.2 speaker system but the cost is 71000 in Profx.
Budget = 40000 Rupees

so can you guys suggest where to buy these speakers in Grey Market.

Are these speakers available in National Market or burma bazaar or Sp road in Bangalore.

waiting for reply guys.

Regards,
Vicky

In bangalore I have no clue. But alternatively why dont you try other brands that are cheaper and will fit your budget?
Try the wharfdales...

If you have centred around KEF and you want nothing else other than that, you will have to fly abroad and get them. Grey in bangalore dealing in premium equipment is rare. If you find a good place please PM me. thanks

Be careful of grey market stuff as they usually don't handle the warranty aspects well and you never know where and how they had gotten the equipment. Buying DVDs at these places should give you an idea...

Hai ,
I am Ramamurthy a new member and home audio constructor purely for pleasure. I read your thread asking for grey market address for speakers in Bangalore for KEF and other imported speakers. As far as I know there are no reliable grey market dealer in Bangalore. Since U hav a budget of Rs.40k
why dont you explore the possibility of home construction of an excellent speaker system at half the cost of your budget of Rs.40k. I have disigned more than 100 speaker systems for my friends and wellwishers and many of the speaker systems have proved to be better than imported ones. You may be surprised that I could construct a pair of 2 way bookshelf speakers of 40Watts RMS @ 8 Ohms for less than Rs.2K. including a 40 watts amp for my world space receiver. Though carpentry done by me may not be professional the output of the amplifier and the frequency response is excellent. After doing a bit of mathematic calculations for speaker cabinit and crossovers U can engage proff. carpenters and finish your speaker system in less than 20k.
I am attaching the speaker system photographed for my fellow HiFi Vision Forum friends.

Attachments

• DSC01236.JPG_s.jpg
    DSC01236.JPG_s.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 655
Hai ,
I am Ramamurthy a new member and home audio constructor purely for pleasure. I read your thread asking for grey market address for speakers in Bangalore for KEF and other imported speakers. As far as I know there are no reliable grey market dealer in Bangalore. Since U hav a budget of Rs.40k
why dont you explore the possibility of home construction of an excellent speaker system at half the cost of your budget of Rs.40k. I have disigned more than 100 speaker systems for my friends and wellwishers and many of the speaker systems have proved to be better than imported ones. You may be surprised that I could construct a pair of 2 way bookshelf speakers of 40Watts RMS @ 8 Ohms for less than Rs.2K. including a 40 watts amp for my world space receiver. Though carpentry done by me may not be professional the output of the amplifier and the frequency response is excellent. After doing a bit of mathematic calculations for speaker cabinit and crossovers U can engage proff. carpenters and finish your speaker system in less than 20k.
I am attaching the speaker system photographed for my fellow HiFi Vision Forum friends.

Hi Ramamurthy, thats seems like a pretty good job on the construction. One other thing that jumps out of the picture is the stacking of components. Please tell your friend to not stack the components and also remove all the decorations from the top. The receivers, amps etc. need lots of room to breathe. Its never a good idea to stack these at all.

yes! ramamurthy you have a fan. Please mail me your contact details at [email protected] I would want to learn about acoustics from you! I would like it if we can assemble a good speaker system too. like the 2 way!

Hi, I am also interested in revamping my rear surrounds. I am also from bangalore. Currently I am having Onkyo HT and upgraded the front L/R with tower and the center with a good speaker. So i am left with the 2 front and center speakers. So i wanted to use the drivers in these speakers along with the surrounds for a set of new surrounds (in a new enclosure).

@raslibi, Plz help me in designing a new set surrounds.. Also whether this will significantly improve the performance compared to the existing surrounds?

thanks for this, its great idea.

I will contact you as soon as I come to bangalore. I am in chennai for work.

Thanks,
vickysami

I think this thread has been hijacked and might be a violation of forum etiquette. The original starter subject has been conveniently sidelined. Members, if the subject of your posts do not match with the topic subject, kindly can you raise a new thread?
Regards
Murali

Hai HiFiVision Friends,
At first let me convey my heartiest Shankranthi Greetings to U all.
Now let me also apologise to Suresh,drphil and cmsajith for not replying to them immediately. Further I may not be available up to middle of Feb-09 because I am going to Pun/Hydrabad to stay with my dadughter/ son.
Regarding the construction of speakers I will help U guys once I return from HBad on 14th Feb-09. A word to marcilians..the stacked items above the amp. is only for the purpose of taking photograph only.

R.Ramamurthy.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back