Groundside Electrons [it's not my title]

I did not understand the description of a litz wire or why it can "store" electrons, neither how that "storage" leads to better sound quality. But reading the rest of the posts, I see people there who have little idea of basic electrical engineering as well as people who seem to know about building circuits. I honestly don't see any relevance nor science to their discussions.

Litz wire is enamelled copper wire, the type used to wind transformers and coils. It's also used by all of Cardas cable - everything is basically low-guage (thin) magnet wire. Others may also be using such wire for their constructions.

Bud is the guy who 'discovered' the EnABL process, that is used by a lot of satisfied people. Bud is also a pretty solid engineer (proven, not hypothetical). He's basically beefing up the return to provide a more solid ground reference.

The most contentious issue that counters the entire discussion (to me, at least) is that ground is not a concept. In a speaker system, the ground does not "absorb" anything. The electrons travel along both the halves of the cable, so any changes made in one 'half' affect the other equally. So if I use an extra-thick wire for the return to lower the resistance, I affect the electrical properties of the entire path.

I_F had the best post in that thread. I pretty much stopped reading after that :)

I suggest that you keep reading further on in the thread - there are sceptics at the start who turn believers later in the thread. Like I said originally - Fascinating!

I did not understand the description of a litz wire or why it can "store" electrons, neither how that "storage" leads to better sound quality. But reading the rest of the posts, I see people there who have little idea of basic electrical engineering as well as people who seem to know about building circuits. I honestly don't see any relevance nor science to their discussions.

Oh of course - right!!!!!!!!!!! If you read carefully, BudP admits that his explanation on the way it works is unbacked and even says this "I also think it's ridiculous, right up there with EnABL, self demagnetizing E/I core construction, E Field shaping of tone in guitar OPT's, adjustable musical color speaker cables and interconnects, all of them are crazy, none of them fit into nice neat simple mathematical derivations, but they all work, same way, every time and so I just stupidly keep doing them.".
And yes, there are people there who may not have a degree in EE but I don't think an EE degree is a pre-requisite to post in DIYAudio.
Also can you please point me to the post # where litz wire is described in that thread?

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back