What are some good Indian made drivers

corElement

Like the title says. what do you think are good speaker drivers and crossovers made by an Indian company? Mention all like tweeters/midbass/woofers/full rangers etc.

Thanks

When it comes to Indian made drivers in the hifi market, Rethm comes first on top of my mind. They enjoy a good press coverage in the International audiophile circuits.

I have purchased Ahuja 12" woofer but did not like them. Later I reconed them based on my requirement of VC, spider, paper cone and surround. This approach works for me. I will be using this reconed Ahuja driver for my current OB project which is coming up shortly.
Ahuja has a strong magnet with a BI of around 17. Also their basket is quite well made and sturdy.

I have purchased Ahuja 12" woofer but did not like them. Later I reconed them based on my requirement of VC, spider, paper cone and surround. This approach works for me. I will be using this reconed Ahuja driver for my current OB project which is coming up shortly.
Ahuja has a strong magnet with a BI of around 17. Also their basket is quite well made and sturdy.
how did you recone it? and whered you get the substitute from?

IndiqAudio makes their own drivers? that would be one example.
They dont sell drivers for DIY, or do they?

I bought a pair of 4 inch FR from sweton, as replacement for one driver in a Philips speaker. Service was quick, delivery was fast, drivers sound quite nice.
Thank you. I believe you can’t really go wrong especially with the price. And the consensus seems to be favourable for the Swetons so far from whatever I have read online. I’m just wanting to assemble a basic stereo setup for casual listening, nothing special and would like to play around with full range drivers and also delve into open baffles.

Peerless (used by GR research), Iwai, Doogiesound, MCM in the premium category.
Sweton in the budget range comes with detailed specs. Award, Audioex & Zipp are popular in the same category, but dont come with specs.
Bolton, Panatone, Toyotone etc are even cheaper. The current bolton units seem not to be related to the brand of yore.
If you are lucky, philips (old stock) & dayton (grey mkt).

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back