Grundig CF5500-2 Restoration

Reuben,
I am excited about restoring a Nakamichi 1000 which came to me in very bad shape because of some very poor packing. But not everyone is blessed with a Nak 1000 so it is my duty to restore it. It's almost through except for two 'O' rings on the pick up wheels. I could not source them yet. Also, I wanted to paint the face plate but decided against for fear that some of the original printing may go. I will post a separate thread once it starts singing

Reuben,
I am excited about restoring a Nakamichi 1000 which came to me in very bad shape because of some very poor packing. But not everyone is blessed with a Nak 1000 so it is my duty to restore it. It's almost through except for two 'O' rings on the pick up wheels. I could not source them yet. Also, I wanted to paint the face plate but decided against for fear that some of the original printing may go. I will post a separate thread once it starts singing

The Nak1000 is perhaps the most legendary deck from the NAK stable, especially as it put Nak on the map, in the big league. Critics may say that the Dragon is the best ever but the 1000 in my opinion was well and truly the best. There was a limited gold plated edition that came out, which is considered the most collectable cassette deck, ever.

Reuben,

Sir, for the Nak, You get really high quality Rubber parts from sellers in the europe and US. There is a lot of community support, and people have invested a lot of time and effort into sourcing parts that match the original spec closely.
I suppose the take up reel is not as critical as the pinch roller, but for such a high end deck, why compromise?

I Think reuben might have a better idea about the trusted sellers.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back