gunning for a different kind of enemy

stevieboy

never static, always dynamic, bond now has a new weapon from the labs of Q deep from the heart of Britain. normally available at $99 plus shipping which should be approx 6k, this was sourced for just 3.1k, shipping included. head to www.audioaffair.co.uk save to buy another day.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Yes here we go again. another fun and suspense filled thread by 007. I think this time answer is just few clicks away, all one has to do is pop the right question for hints.

By the way Stevie you are an amazing copy writer :)

Chord co power cable?

GRIN GRIN iaudio this was not a suspense thread. i guess my reputation preceeds me :D this was a straightforward infomercial for interested vinyl lovers to grab a good deal. hence the modded logo, website and price mentioned. mahiruha has already ordered his :)

Yes here we go again. another fun and suspense filled thread by 007. I think this time answer is just few clicks away, all one has to do is pop the right question for hints.

By the way Stevie you are an amazing copy writer :)

thanks hiten :eek: waiting to go home and go pop pop to see how it works!

Stevie, do post how this turns out. Also be careful not to use on flammable materials.

Stevie, Gooz one! Till now, was viewing the page on 2" mobile screen...( is that excuse good enough?)

never static, always dynamic, bond now has a new weapon from the labs of Q deep from the heart of Britain. normally available at $99 plus shipping which should be approx 6k, this was sourced for just 3.1k, shipping included. head to Audio Affair | Hi-fi, Home Cinema, Multi Room & Custom Install save to buy another day.

stevbieboy, your last suspense thread (cheap power to the people) has just set me back by 50 GBP because I have ordered two Tacima power conditioners from Amazon UK:mad:

Thankfully I will be spared this one because I don't have a vinyl rig, yet:) And in turn you're saved one more time from my powdery / solid gifts;)

Stevie, do post how this turns out. Also be careful not to use on flammable materials.

hi hiten,

yup it does work. quietened a crackly lp quite a bit. unfortunately current has gone for a while and come back too late so will test some more tomorrow. by the way discussions on this item are all over the place on various forums with regard to the distance one has to hold the gun from the lp, pointing it toward the lp for positive discharge and away for negative discharge. one needs to follow original instructions on pack which says hold gun 12" away from lp, press trigger slowly and release slowly, do this at different points of the lp. works well enough. click is heard on depressing trigger sometimes only if moved too fast. this is wrong. one has to depress the trigger slowly and release slowly. definitely a must have for any vinyl fan. i can make out what's static and what's groove damage now. wish i wasnt so lazy and bought it earlier!

regards

Stevie, Gooz one! Till now, was viewing the page on 2" mobile screen...( is that excuse good enough?)

hehe yeah you've escaped by the screen of your mobile! quite a close guess though cos i also got viren's new power cord the previous day! havent listened much but some improvements are there. there's more improvement from one other item he sent me. will listen and post in couple days...

regards

stevbieboy, your last suspense thread (cheap power to the people) has just set me back by 50 GBP because I have ordered two Tacima power conditioners from Amazon UK:mad:

Thankfully I will be spared this one because I don't have a vinyl rig, yet:) And in turn you're saved one more time from my powdery / solid gifts;)

aha king! you will be quite happy with it overall i think. some loss of 'drive' i noticed on a couple of songs which seem to be mitigated slightly by the new powercord viren sent, overall worth it. tv picture improves too! do post how it goes!

no vinyl??? shucks we gotta convert you soon!!! :D

hehe yeah that sure would be ultimate! little neurotic, but ultimate :D

but the dang thingy works so well! even after taking the lp off the platter there's some static build up, if you bring the lp towards the hair on your leg or arm you can feel the static. neutralises it zap zap. 2 lps sounded as quiet as cds. it's also due to another tweak i put in place... will take pic and post that perhaps tonight

Hi Steven,
congrats for finally getting the gun. It is encouraging to know that you pulled the trigger and results are satisfactory. :yahoo:Btw do you remove static just after cleaning or just take any old cleaned record and it neutrilizes the static. Please tell us about the other tweak can't wait to hear it.Is it the genetically modified RCM?;)
Thanks.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back