Guys...plz comment on my decided 5.1 setup and the price quote received...!!!

argurpreet321

Hi Guys...
I needed a 5.1 setup and an AVR for a 9' x 16.5' room...
Have auditioned the Polk Tsi300, Jamo S 426 HCS 3, PSb, B&W 685 bookshelves, KEF and some Paradigm speakers (don't remember the model).
Still have to audition Wharfedale...will be going tomorrow...

In the meantime have almost decided on the following package from the ones I have already auditioned...
Please leave your expert comments and opinions on my choice...Also how do you guys rate KEF as a brand and choice over Wharfedales...
My usage would be 70% music and 30% movies...
My budget is max 1.25 lakh...
Also suggest if I can get anything better in my budget than the choice i have made...

My current top choice:

KEF Q 500 front floor standers : 54,000/-mrp
C6-LCR centre: 13,500/-mrp
C1 surrounds: 14,000/-mrp
PSW 110 subwoofer: 15,000/-mrp

AVR Denon 2113: 50,000/-mrp

Total comes out to : 1,46,500/-

After discounts have been offered a price of Rs.1,24,000/- plus cabling...

Do guide me as to how to proceed. Will audition Wharfedales...n update my views on the thread....Meanwhile plz give your views....:clapping:

Few months back, I was also started in the same way targeting a 5.1 set up majorly for music and little bit of movies. With the guidance from our FMs, I changed the track to a dedicated stereo setup. My own audition experience proved they were absolutely right and now I am quite well satisfied with my final setup. Since you have a decent budget of 1.25 Lacs, why not building a good stereo package and a decent HTIB package for movies ?

Few months back, I was also started in the same way targeting a 5.1 set up majorly for music and little bit of movies. With the guidance from our FMs, I changed the track to a dedicated stereo setup. My own audition experience proved they were absolutely right and now I am quite well satisfied with my final setup. Since you have a decent budget of 1.25 Lacs, why not building a good stereo package and a decent HTIB package for movies ?
Thanks for the input bro...
thought about that too...but still finally decided on the avr and 5.1...Just need one decent setup to do all plus also space constraints...barely have enough space to keep floor standers...

Thanks for the input bro...
thought about that too...but still finally decided on the avr and 5.1...Just need one decent setup to do all plus also space constraints...barely have enough space to keep floor standers...

In that case let your maximum investment go to a good floor stander (Or a high end book shelf will do the job if you are adding a sub) and a musically good AVR (Like CA 751 R), you can add other components as per remaining budget or later. KEF Q 500 / MA BX 5/6 or Paradigm Monitor 7/9 will do the dual job for you.

First pick up good avr + front two. Later you can add the center channel and then sub.

Surrounds can wait.

Dont buy full 5.1 system in a hurry. You will end up upgrading very soon.

PSW 110 is not a good sub. Stay away if you can.

I also suggest 2.0 + HTIB if music is 70%
Rs. 30k for 5.1 package
Rs. 1 lakh for 2.0 build

Which other sub would you recommend in a similar price range...???

Try Velodyne impact 10. It wont come in ProFX package. You can get the above combination with Velodyne by Inquisite Audio on Varathur Road. If going with ProFX, you may update to PSW 125. (DSW Pro550 is a good one, but it will be an overkill for your room size)

Your subwoofer choice and budget allocated for sub is way below par compared to the rest of the setup. Increase your budget for subwoofer your entire system will get a whole new dimenson...

Try Velodyne impact 10. It wont come in ProFX package. You can get the above combination with Velodyne by Inquisite Audio on Varathur Road. If going with ProFX, you may update to PSW 125. (DSW Pro550 is a good one, but it will be an overkill for your room size)
I am based in Delhi....hope you know that and are suggesting accordingly.... Also can I know the price for the Velodyne impact 10 you suggested...Also from where should I decrease my budget to put in the sub....???

Last edited:
Also some patience in buying the first Home Theater helps a LOT :)

Carefully audition whatever you can, listen to your favorite music which you know well and can make out the difference in performance of various options.

Denon 2113 is a great AVR

If I understand it right is the HTIB a better option than having an AVR and a a 5.1 or a 7.1 setup??

Ash

I am planning for a new home theater setup for the hall in our apt. Its a 16ftx14.5ft area.
I plan to have a 50-55" LED so that the view is lengthwise taking advantage of the length of the place.

1. If I go for a new DVD/Blu Ray + Audio system and a Amp. what brand should I look out for to shortlist from

2. Can I have a scalable SETUP, to help me have audio output in the master bedroom and the balcony sitting area? Any solution how I can control the song selection etc from the master bedroom (especially)? the balcony is adjacent to the hall, so that wouldn't be a issue.

My budget is around 1-1.5L (only for the AVR and Speakers setup) LED will be additional

Look forward to your suggestions and advise.

Hi Folks,

I have been planning on the same lines and thinking of a 2.0 Setup First and then expand to 5.1 as my pocket permits...

Room >> 16/10/11

Could you pls suggest me a combo(spks + AVR) 65% music & 35% Movies. 70K Max....

Could i go for Pioneer SP-PK51FS 5.1, however i am not able to find a dealer :mad:
What is your take on Boston Acous - A 360 / Yamaha NS555 / TSi 500 ?

AVR's - Denon 1713/VX671/sR5005 - Pls suggest other one's as well.

thank you,
Prabhu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back