5.1.2 setup and price quotations

I'm also researching on my first HT, and after watching many reviews of QA 3030i vs 3020i, I've decided to go with 3020i fir both fronts and surrounds.

One reviewer said that as both have the same tweeter, 3020i has a more balanced sound with a sub. Need to raise the volume a bit in 3030i fkr the right balance.

Do check out this configuration as well. It will also help me 🙂

Where are you placing the Atmos channels?
3010i is my choice for surrounds. Interesting to hear 3020i is better balanced than 3030i.

Atmos will be future additions when I feel the need. Not decided now.

Thanks for sharing. This reduction is after my visit. I had checked online price after I received prices from them. it was around 69k.
AV Shack changes its online prices a lot. That’s why I took a screenshot. Last I checked, they have hiked at back to 69.3k. But I’m guessing they will honour this price if you show them the screenshot. You should probably also check the SB-1000 pro. You cover up the difference by saving on the AVR. I checked again today and was quoted 71k for X1700, 77k for X2700 and 1.1l for X3700.

Yes. Most of the people are using 9.2 or above AVR's in their similar size HT rooms. If he don't need higher volumes then he can go with basic avr's. My room size is also similar and using 9.2 AVR now and planning to upgrade 11.2 once my projector is arrived.
Valid point, Nag, but I gotta say this:
Ever since I hooked up my 3700 to all channels (9), I have been left terribly underwhelmed. I do get good effects (at around 7 dB for the overheads), but it really has left me wondering if I would be better off not running the overheads so hot. (after all, there is only so much good atmos content)
Even for a 150 Sq feet room?
If we run all channels, then, ya, somewhere along the line, we would need a PA for even a small room.
For the center, you can also consider the Q Acoustics Concept Center.

It's 26k on amazon.
I wouldn't pair a Concept with a Base QA.
What's the advantage over 3090C
There is no advantage. The QA 30XX range is already very neutral. The concepts are even more laidback.
Even if you are a neutral fan, I wouldn't recommend mixing the 3---'s with the concepts.

Cos, all said, the 30xx are super laid back, and I don't know how and why QA have done it, but they have come up with a CONCEPT model.
The name says it all. It is only for the very neutral loving listener. The concepts take everything QA one more notch up.

I'd suggest give a listen to the QAs before you take the plunge.

PS: Abhishek bhai, one final word: 1700 at 85K is daylight robbery. Please don't fall for it. As of today, right in this forum, we are speaking 100K for the 3700.

Valid point, Nag, but I gotta say this:
Ever since I hooked up my 3700 to all channels (9), I have been left terribly underwhelmed. I do get good effects (at around 7 dB for the overheads), but it really has left me wondering if I would be better off not running the overheads so hot. (after all, there is only so much good atmos content)

If we run all channels, then, ya, somewhere along the line, we would need a PA for even a small room.

I wouldn't pair a Concept with a Base QA.

There is no advantage. The QA 30XX range is already very neutral. The concepts are even more laidback.
Even if you are a neutral fan, I wouldn't recommend mixing the 3---'s with the concepts.

Cos, all said, the 30xx are super laid back, and I don't know how and why QA have done it, but they have come up with a CONCEPT model.
The name says it all. It is only for the very neutral loving listener. The concepts take everything QA one more notch up.

I'd suggest give a listen to the QAs before you take the plunge.

PS: Abhishek bhai, one final word: 1700 at 85K is daylight robbery. Please don't fall for it. As of today, right in this forum, we are speaking 100K for the 3700.
Thanks for the inputs on QA. I have listened to QA along with others bookshelfs and it clicked with my ears. I guess I like this laidback sound.

Regarding 1700 pricing, I have also realized that it is way too inflated. Since you have 3700, I would like to hear your experience and verdict if spending that much extra for 3700 would be worth.

Can you guide me as to where i can get X3700 for 100k. I'm interested in buying one if available at that price. The best quote i have received so far is 110k.

Thanks for the inputs on QA. I have listened to QA along with others bookshelfs and it clicked with my ears. I guess I like this laidback sound.

Regarding 1700 pricing, I have also realized that it is way too inflated. Since you have 3700, I would like to hear your experience and verdict if spending that much extra for 3700 would be worth.
Abhi bhai,
I started out looking for a HTIB in the pandemic, and then stumbled upon this forum. I initially was flabbergasted at the thought of having to spend so much!

But then I slowly realised, as much as the world has moved on, sound and sound technology hasn't (I don't know if it is a function of how much of a smaller market we are, like, as opposed to say a car or an AC) really taken off like how the tech industry has.

If the sound industry, as a whole, spent even a miniscule amount of money in R&D into economy and room space, we wouldn't be in this situation.

But then, I came to understand that the sound industry is as niche as the motorcycle industry in the West (Ducatis cost as much to own and maintain in India as much as some of the BEST rigs our FMs own and maintain do to just import)

They only have so much money to spend on R&D.

Sorry for the ramble, but just to tell you that: Good speakers are more important than good electronics.
--

The biggest gain is speakers need no big maintenance budget beyond basic care. The associated electronics do. And they are getting more and more expensive by the day.

Somewhere along the line, in this forum only, I realised that it is better to have better options around. So, I'd suggest, as of today, look for a one-time investment in speakers. Go and audition as many as you can. Choose the best among the rest. Go with your gut. But do put most research on speakers.

There is no way to say what speakers sound best to whom. But as of today, I know what sounds best to my ears.

So, pay the most attention to speakers.
--

On to what a 3700 brings to the table vis-a-vis a 1700...

Personally, I started my search with a 1700. I knew what I wanted (A pair of Klipsh floorstanders)

And I locked on a 1700 and the RP 5000. They would have made a great pair, all things said, and all I would have had to do after that was add a matching centre, of which Klipsh has plenty of choices.
--
But then, I was thinking, do I need a 3.1 or do I need to go for the entire jingbang. In my head, I wanted to do the whole 5.x.4. (in a 12x10 room; so not very different from your room)

I went for it. I did have a few hiccups. But once I figured it out, I knew that my 3700 has enough power to do 5.x.4 for most content.
(I cuss hotstar a lot, but the biggest thing hotstar does is crowd roar on the side surrounds in 5.1 - and I love that my 3700 has enough juice for me to be in the crowd when Suryakumar Yadav hits a six -- digression: he seems to be the only one in this team who is capable of doing it at will -- so, ya even a piddly hotstar 5.1 will come alive with the 5.1 powering from the 3700.)

And then, in this forum (am sure as is the case elsewhere), I started realising that people tended to sway towards pre-outs a lot. Long story short, the 3700 is the basest Denon which allows pre-outs. Which allows you to add more power if you want to. (I want!)

So, this is a decision left up to you.
--

All things being equal, today:
Am happy with the 3700 for my room.
--

Today, I would suggest go for the 3800 for now, use it as a pre- and then keep adding power as you need it.

It is well worth the cost.
--

Alternatively, look for lower priced 3700s, their prices are falling by the day. Everything depends on who you deal with and your negotiating skills, bro.

But my suggestion is to keep it 3xxx of denon or 5xxx of marantz at the least.
--

Best and regards

Can you guide me as to where i can get X3700 for 100k. I'm interested in buying one if available at that price. The best quote i have received so far is 110k.
Bro, I'd suggest you stick to the 110K, as of today. It's a decent price. Pick it up right now, without any buyer's remorse.

Else, wait for some time, watch the market, and you could get a 3700 for 90K or haggle for a 3800 at 100K in the introductory period.

It is all about blinking. Dealer doesn't matter.

Having said that, I dunno how the prices are gonna swing once the x8xx series drop.
It all depends on stock and what the person you are dealing with is willing to sell it for. (Avoid anyone with a big bad website, that's all I can say)
Best and regards

Bro, I'd suggest you stick to the 110K, as of today. It's a decent price. Pick it up right now, without any buyer's remorse.

Else, wait for some time, watch the market, and you could get a 3700 for 90K or haggle for a 3800 at 100K in the introductory period.

It is all about blinking. Dealer doesn't matter.

Having said that, I dunno how the prices are gonna swing once the x8xx series drop.
It all depends on stock and what the person you are dealing with is willing to sell it for. (Avoid anyone with a big bad website, that's all I can say)
Best and regards
I thought about waiting for the new series to drop and see how that affect prices. I’m guessing the new models dropping in would definitely drive the prices if the previous gen a bit lower.

It’s just that I have a pair of Kef Q350’s and a SVS SB1000 all wired just waiting for a receiver to connect the banana plugs and the LFE cable so I’m also getting a little impatient.

Thinking of buying a cheap class d stereo amp for temporary desk use and connecting my Marantz PM6007 to the Tv till I get a good deal on an AVR. Or maybe then I won’t need to buy another AVR and can just wait for the SR6014 to eventually make its way here.

Do you think that 3800 will go as low as 100k during introductory offers?

Last year QB12 was selling for around 44k. Now it's hiked 50% more!!!!!!. Better to check for SVS PB1000/ 1000 pro for HT usage. Call and check with Music Ranch from Bangalore.
I just got into this hobby 4-5 months ago so i have no clue about last years prices. But from what i have heard, the prices have really gone up by crazy proportions. However, after spending a lot of time with different dealers over the phone and in person, I have realised that dealers are offering 25% discount on most brands with some brands going for 35-40% discount on MRP. Though, i have no idea if similar discounts were available before the price hikes or not.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back