H.265 video playback

^^ I dont think he would extend his budget from <5K to around 15K for shield (assuming he can manage to source it from US), but if can then yes nothing comes close to SHIELD.

Thnaks guys for the feedback,so everyone is backing the himedia boxes, so i guess i will take a chance and get the himedia h8 plus and hope it works, not too keen on the mi box looks too simple for me, the h8 plus is available for $93 from aliexpress, one more thing are we able to order off aliexpress using icici debit card

Q5 you are getting for 130 USD, so for like 35 usd approx you are getting a better machine, H8 is a very old model, so check if firmware updates are there for this model.

Q5 you are getting for 130 USD, so for like 35 usd approx you are getting a better machine, H8 is a very old model, so check if firmware updates are there for this model.
Its not h8 its h8 plus,also howz himediaq30 its there for $109

Last edited:
Most of them play only 8 bit, for future proof need to check if they would play 10bit.

Most of them play only 8 bit, for future proof need to check if they would play 10bit.

i am not sure about the h8 plus the q30 says it plays 10bit, there are a lot of other boxes like the yokatv which claims it will play 10 bit h.265

I am just saying if the difference is just 20-30 USD go for Q5, rest H8 Plus should also get the job done ....

so ur suggesting to go for h8, i am on an extremely tight budget otherwise wud have gone for q5pro, i hope i will be able to connect the h8 plus to my avr and and play hevc h.265 files, also do u know if ali express accept debit cards?

No I am suggesting for Q5, but if you super tight over budget, then H8 Plus, yes it should do the job as well, you can connect it to your AVR via HDMI, that will not be an issue.

I dont think aliexpress will take Debit card. It would be CC or Paypal if I am not wrong.

The reason why i asked if they accept debit cards is because in there payment options it says credit/debit card, please have a look

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 54
Buy a mi box 4k international us version its the beast of all never hangs plays every format even 40 gb 4k hevc movies without any lag you can easily connect mi game controller and pay best games of android remote voice search also works very well it will cost around 8-9 k with duties and all but its the best i am using it

Buy a mi box 4k international us version its the beast of all never hangs plays every format even 40 gb 4k hevc movies without any lag you can easily connect mi game controller and pay best games of android remote voice search also works very well it will cost around 8-9 k with duties and all but its the best i am using it

But it does not have a RJ45 port to stream large files. My experience of steaming large over wifi has not been good.

Has anyone looked at Zidoo players? X9S, X8 and X10? Those have got better reviews on Kodi forum, ahead of HiMedia.

Thanks for the reply, i am not interested in any other features all i need is a player which will play h.265 videos, with full 5.1 audio or dts hd ma etc, so are you playing your videos is it in kodi or are you using mx player to play videos(is it possible? or vlc mayb?) i believe you are using an external hdd coz my intention is to use my 1tb extrenal hdd with this box, also have you connected it to your receiver? if not could you please connect and check if there are any issues?, your help is much appreciated

1. It plays the h.265 very smoothly.
2. Streams DD .. not tried DTS or MA
3. I use KODI. I have not tried VLC or MX PLayer
4. Tried with USB HDD, Pendrive and Mostly on LAN over ethernet
5. Its very much connected to my Onkyo AVR by HDMI

If movie watching is the sole purpose like mine. Buy this device, cheap and best.
Dont expect it for playing heavy games. You can browse net .

1. It plays the h.265 very smoothly.
2. Streams DD .. not tried DTS or MA
3. I use KODI. I have not tried VLC or MX PLayer
4. Tried with USB HDD, Pendrive and Mostly on LAN over ethernet
5. Its very much connected to my Onkyo AVR by HDMI

If movie watching is the sole purpose like mine. Buy this device, cheap and best.
Dont expect it for playing heavy games. You can browse net .

Thanks for the reply,
my intention is to play hevc files from my external 1tb hdd not streaming, so could you please let me know if it works with dts and dolby digital audio tracks of movies directly from the external hdd

You can try CubeTek Kaiserbaas Full HD 1080p media player.

It's sold by MelodyMedia on Amazon India.

They are the authorised seller for HiMedia media players like Q5/Q10 Pro in India. They are Bangalore based.

I personally use HiMedia Q5 Pro and it's amazing! [emoji846]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

You can try CubeTek Kaiserbaas Full HD 1080p media player.

It's sold by MelodyMedia on Amazon India.

They are the authorised seller for HiMedia media players like Q5/Q10 Pro in India. They are Bangalore based.

I personally use HiMedia Q5 Pro and it's amazing! [emoji846]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion, i will consider it as an option, rite now i have shortlisted one product h96 pro plus which has 3 gb ram and 32 gb storage , paying 3000 for this gets me 1 gb ram and they havent specified the processor whereas the himedia has got amlogic s912 chip which is the toip of the line so in the long run if i intend to play games it will work smoothly, yes even i wud have gone for himedia q5 pro, but the price is too high for me moreover this box that you have mentioned doesnt support hevc h.265 videos which is a must for me

Last edited:
Hi all, i have ordered H96 pro+ from aliexpress, thanks everyone for your valuable inputs, now the wait begins

Got the h96 pro + very much happy woth the purchase,serves my purpose and exceeds it really a good media player i wud say

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back