Hana SL cartridge, have you heard?

essrand

These cartridges have been making a lot of waves, has anyone heard them.

If so, please post impressions. Thanks

Hana has been making waves for a few years now, I'd say. I have been intermittently researching for my next cartridge upgrade and Hana was on my radar. I believe these guys started with very economical offerings and gave out that whole vibe that they are typically OEMs for some of the high end cartridge brands and since they are coming into the market, they are keeping their cartridges very economically priced. Over the last 4-5 years or so, they have gained good publicity in the audiophile circuits around the globe and established themselves as a best in their budget brands.

SL was the TOTL cartridge till some time ago. SL has garnered good reviews from folks who use good analog gear, say the likes of EAR Yoshino phono 834 preamps, etc. It has an Aluminium cantilever which is par for the course for this price range of ±600GBP/±800USD (though Boron one would have been better) and sports a Shibata stylus, which should be very good ideally for detail retrieval and instantaneous . It is supposedly an easy cartridge to setup. I believe it has a plastic housing/body. A good all round cartridge, it comes across as.

However, just today when I was looking into their portfolio, their TOTL cartridge costs $4000 or nearabouts. It is called Umami Red. They are now venturing into the big leaguesm which is expensive the point of view of budget audiophiles. However, if you rationalze, the Umami Red sports a nude diamond microline tip, the replacement kit of which might cost you around $2K. $4k for a full blown cartridge sporting this tip in an alloy housing could be considered value for those who can afford this range.

Overall, I am quite taken by their offerings!! I couldn't share any first hand experiences, though I thought maybe articulating some of the facts that I am aware of might help you decide.

Hana has been making waves for a few years now, I'd say. I have been intermittently researching for my next cartridge upgrade and Hana was on my radar. I believe these guys started with very economical offerings and gave out that whole vibe that they are typically OEMs for some of the high end cartridge brands and since they are coming into the market, they are keeping their cartridges very economically priced. Over the last 4-5 years or so, they have gained good publicity in the audiophile circuits around the globe and established themselves as a best in their budget brands.

SL was the TOTL cartridge till some time ago. SL has garnered good reviews from folks who use good analog gear, say the likes of EAR Yoshino phono 834 preamps, etc. It has an Aluminium cantilever which is par for the course for this price range of ±600GBP/±800USD (though Boron one would have been better) and sports a Shibata stylus, which should be very good ideally for detail retrieval and instantaneous . It is supposedly an easy cartridge to setup. I believe it has a plastic housing/body. A good all round cartridge, it comes across as.

However, just today when I was looking into their portfolio, their TOTL cartridge costs $4000 or nearabouts. It is called Umami Red. They are now venturing into the big leaguesm which is expensive the point of view of budget audiophiles. However, if you rationalze, the Umami Red sports a nude diamond microline tip, the replacement kit of which might cost you around $2K. $4k for a full blown cartridge sporting this tip in an alloy housing could be considered value for those who can afford this range.

Overall, I am quite taken by their offerings!! I couldn't share any first hand experiences, though I thought maybe articulating some of the facts that I am aware of might help you decide.
Excellent observations! And I concur! Hana SL is a great value as are the more expensive ones in their portfolio... Want to try one but I have too many* great cartridges in the folio already...

*is this concept even real??? After all "too many" is so relative, isn't it? LOL

Excellent observations! And I concur! Hana SL is a great value as are the more expensive ones in their portfolio... Want to try one but I have too many* great cartridges in the folio already...

*is this concept even real??? After all "too many" is so relative, isn't it? LOL

Hana has been making waves for a few years now, I'd say. I have been intermittently researching for my next cartridge upgrade and Hana has been on my radar. I believe these guys started with very economical offerings and gave out that whole vibe 'that they are typically OEMs for some of the high end cartridge brands and since they are coming into the market, they are keeping their cartridges very economically priced'. Over the last 4-5 years or so, they have gained good publicity in the audiophile circuits around the globe and established themselves as someone providing the consumers major bang for their buck.

SL was the TOTL cartridge till some time ago. It has garnered good reviews from folks who use reference analog gear, say the likes of EAR Yoshino phono 834 preamps, etc. . It has an Aluminum cantilever which is par for the course in this price range of ±600GBP/±800USD (though Boron one would have been better) and sports a Shibata stylus, which should be very good ideally for detail retrieval and instantaneous transient response times. It is supposedly an easy cartridge to setup. I believe it has a plastic housing/body. A good all round cartridge, it comes across as.

However, just today when I was looking into their portfolio, their TOTL cartridge costs $4000 or thereabouts. It is called Umami Red. They are now venturing into the big leagues and could come across as out of reach from budget audiophiles' perspectives. However, if you rationalize, the Umami Red sports a nude diamond microline tip, the replacement kit of which might cost you around $2K, $4k for a full blown cartridge sporting this tip in an alloy housing could be considered value for those who can afford this range.

Overall, I am quite taken by their offerings!! I couldn't share any first hand experiences, though I thought maybe articulating some of these facts might help you decide.
Pardon the typos in the post, was probably a hurried one. Have corrected the same in the para above....

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back