Harman MAS 102 ?

idthiru

Any comments or suggestions on the Harman Kadron MAS 102 CD Player and Amplifier.?

Looking for an audiphile style stereo system. Not interested in the cd player though but the amplifier also has RCA and optical co-ax inputs. The amplifier delivers 65 wt/ch.

My music source will be most probably an ipod which i would connect to the MAS 102 using a 3.5mm jack & cable.

Let me know if this would be a best bet for my above stated expectations.

thanks!

To me, HK 102 look real good for the digital inputs alone it has.. Almost the same # of inputs that any AVR would have...

But if you look at other mini component systems from Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer, Denon, they would support digital connection of Ipod thru the USB port...

To me, HK 102 look real good for the digital inputs alone it has.. Almost the same # of inputs that any AVR would have...

But if you look at other mini component systems from Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer, Denon, they would support digital connection of Ipod thru the USB port...

Thanks for the response. I was interested in this product since they were offering pair of MAS bookshelf speakers for free!!

The product is mentioned to have a cd player and amplifier. there is no detailed documentation from harman's website on the amplifier.

The only thing I am hoping for is the amplifier should be able to produce good sound quality even if i connect my ipod through a 3.5 mm jack cable. However it does not have a DAC. (is a DAC necessary though? considering my source of input is an iPod touch 5th gen?)

More over, the amplifier is mentioned to deliver 65 wt/ch. I ordered one, will see how it comes out.

However I value and would like to hear more FM's inputs on the product particularly the amplifier part of it. Thanks!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back