Harmon Kardon AVR 155 - HDMI Source and Component Out Video

KalyanVizag

I could not find proper information on this elsewhere. I have a Harman Kardon AVR 155 and I recently got a Sun Direct HD Box installed. I have a ceiling mounted projector that is connected to the AVR through component out.
Now, I tried connecting the STB HDMI out to the AVR HDMI In. Will I be able to get the video signal onto the projector? I am not able to.... Any help, suggestions please....

STB -> AVR 155 ---- HDMI
AVR 155 -> Projector ---- Component.

Will this work?

I am not sure, but it is quite possible and quite likely, that the component and HDMI outputs on the SunDirect HD set-top box, do not output parallelly at the same time. I would suggest that you keep the connection from the STB to the projector as it is and simply use an 'optical' cable to connect the STB to the AVR. Any particular reason why you wish to connect the STB to the AVR via HDMI?

STB - 'Component Out' --> Projector - 'Component In'
STB - 'Optical Out' --> AVR 155 - 'Optical In'

Last edited:
you may not be able to.. Check the specs of your avr or check with your dealer. Conversion from analog to hdmi is done in almost every avr, but the reverse is not done. Reason - copyright etc.
It's time for you to buy an hdmi cable from avr to pj.

you may not be able to.. Check the specs of your avr or check with your dealer. Conversion from analog to hdmi is done in almost every avr, but the reverse is not done. Reason - copyright etc.
It's time for you to buy an hdmi cable from avr to pj.

I finally got hold of a 10 meter MX HDMI cable and it worked like a charm.

Sanjay, thank you too.

Sorry but I totally misunderstood your question, or more appropriately I was preoccupied some othjer things and thus did not read the first part of your post and jumped to conclusions. I thought that your projector does not support HDMI and that is why you had the STB connected to the projector via component and that you were trying to connect the STB to your AVR via HDMI for audio and/or parallel video to another display. Now that I have read your original post I feel rather foolish about my suggested solution. :)
In any case, I am glad you got it figured out and working for you.

Sorry but I totally misunderstood your question, or more appropriately I was preoccupied some othjer things and thus did not read the first part of your post and jumped to conclusions. I thought that your projector does not support HDMI and that is why you had the STB connected to the projector via component and that you were trying to connect the STB to your AVR via HDMI for audio and/or parallel video to another display. Now that I have read your original post I feel rather foolish about my suggested solution. :)
In any case, I am glad you got it figured out and working for you.

No issues Sanjay... I figured out that you were trying to answer for the audio connect. Thats alright. I am happy that I am able to see 8 channels on HD. Really amazing quality.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back