Has anyone auditioned the Klipsch

Rem

Guys,

Have any of you auditioned the Klipsch Reference or Synergy series floorstanders would like to know your opinions regarding the same was reading about their Palladium series which was getting rave reviews.

Its kind of easily available as well(Brought to India by Onkyo) so was wondering why no one has ever mentioned it any of the threads.

I have heard both but there is a distinct difference between the floor standers and bookshelves. So what are you looking for?

Over the past couple years, Klipsch has made excellent inroads into making their costlier lines available in the mass market at very attractive prices.

Guys,

Have any of you auditioned the Klipsch Reference or Synergy series floorstanders would like to know your opinions regarding the same was reading about their Palladium series which was getting rave reviews.

Its kind of easily available as well(Brought to India by Onkyo) so was wondering why no one has ever mentioned it any of the threads.

hi rem!
i found the klipsch to be quite bright, something i dont like. the high frequencies are very sharp but i felt it was overkill. the sound is too metallic.
probably they might sound better with soft and laid back amps.

been auditioning speakers for sometime now and m nowhere near an expert and have not heard too many very high end equipments. Next in line for auditioning was the klipsch so just wanted to know whether it was worth auditioning and what to expect from them. The speakers I have seen from them were all superbly built,

Krauss which series have you listened to and with what amp and source. Onkyo is the company which has brought them to India so it could be that you heard them with Onkyo a/v receivers.

Marsillians which models have you auditioned and with what partnering equipment.

m looking for a speaker which is lively and should not sound dull, I found the Kef IQ5 to be a little too dull lacking in bass. Loved the Mezzo the mids sounded awesome, loved the B&W 685's as well but vocals dint sound as good but it did have a little more bass than the Mezzo's

Are you looking for an AV setup or a stereo setup ?

I used to own a Klipsch ref Floorstander many moons ago :D. they sound "In your face" if you want do do some serious audio listening but are pretty good for AV..their high sensitivity makes them go really loud when needed.

if you thought the KEFs sounded dull then the klipsch will surely liven it up .

Its for a stereo setup but might end up buying A/v receiver for my setup(budget constraints) need to satisfy everyone so a receiver which can be used for both movie and stereo would be the VFM option for me and also a speaker which could do justice to both music and movies would be the best option for me.

Around 1Lakh for player amp and speakers together is my budget. I do not want a entry level 5.1 speaker set rather I would like to go for a good quality bookshelves or if I can afford it a floorstander along with the Oppo player and may be a Yamaha(663 may be) receiver. m not in any hurry i want to hear as many speakes and combinations as possible began the search last october due to time constraints could not listen to too many setups till now though. Klipsch was available for audition so needed your opinions regarding the same.

Can any of you tell me which speakers models from Klipsch you guys have listened to and any idea about their pricing.

I have heard the RF 82 & 10. I think for HT systems its quite good. As afj mentioned, they are bright so go very well with Denon & Marantz components. I think they both have a place in a HT setup but definitely not music esp. if you are into instrumentals or vocal. They sounded bright (lots of treble or high end frequency) even with the Denon.

If you are planning a 5.1, then definitely worth considering.

been auditioning speakers for sometime now and m nowhere near an expert and have not heard too many very high end equipments. Next in line for auditioning was the klipsch so just wanted to know whether it was worth auditioning and what to expect from them. The speakers I have seen from them were all superbly built,

Krauss which series have you listened to and with what amp and source. Onkyo is the company which has brought them to India so it could be that you heard them with Onkyo a/v receivers.

Marsillians which models have you auditioned and with what partnering equipment.

m looking for a speaker which is lively and should not sound dull, I found the Kef IQ5 to be a little too dull lacking in bass. Loved the Mezzo the mids sounded awesome, loved the B&W 685's as well but vocals dint sound as good but it did have a little more bass than the Mezzo's

No Marsilians m not planning for a 5.1 I hate to have cables all over my room, prefer a stereo setup which can do justice to movies as well coz the primary use would be for music. Went for the AV Receiver coz later on when I have money for a seperate stereo setup I can buy a 2 channel amp. for the time being would like to go for a AC receiver

Any idea how much these costs I think if its too costly dont think it would be worth going for.

hi rem!
if you want stereo sound, then why do you want an av receiver? go for a good stereo amp, this i think, should work better. i had auditioned both the reference and the synergy series from klipsch, i liked none. good amount of details i should say, but extremely sharp. ears start hurting very soon. i heard them with onkyo and also once with a marantz high end receiver. even with the marantz it was too bright.

Setup is for both movies and music(30/70) so planning to go for a/v receiver for the time being and plans to add a stereo amp and cdp afterwards

for the time being wants to go for a dual use setup for movies and music together with only 2 speakers( bookshelves or Floorstanders) Oppo DVD player is pretty much confirmed need to decide on which model to go for they stopped selling the 983 and what I have heard 980 is best for music so I guess would go for that A/V receiver might go for Yam/Marantz/CA not decided on that at all.

Speakers also yet to decide if it was music only I would have gone for the Mezzo 2 coz I liked em that much since its for movies and music need a speaker with a lil more bass. Did not like the 685's since the vocals or mids were a lil muffled up the mids were definitely not as nice as the Mezzo 2's.
Kefs also did not have enough bottom end to please me.

Saw some Klipsch in one of the show rooms thought I would audition them hence needed your valuable opinion. If you got any suggestions speaker or A/V receiver suggestions do let me know

The klipsches are a bit in your face but you can easily tone that problem down by pairing it with a 10W or so tube power amp.

Roc you mean to say that its woth auditioning and even consider buying if I can find some way to (as you said by using a tube amp) to tone down the highs. I hve heard its very easy to drive and has pretty good bass in the speakers in that range.

Have you got any suggestions for tube amps have heard that its quite expensive.

Rem,

The best thing really is to go have an audition. Just one hour of your time and that way you can come back and share with us your thoughts on the Klipsch. And believe me, you could think of the Klipsch in a totally different fashion.

If you are after vocals and midrange - do consider the PSB. Depending on budget you can look at either the Alpha series or the Image series. They are lovely speakers for vocals and midrange. They are certainly not dull.

Canton's are my new favourites in this department, but I have not had a long term listening experience with these. But again these are not dull speakers by any stretch of imagination.

Yeah heard a lot about the PSB's in this forum need to check them out along with the Epos M12.2 and the Klipsch's and see how it sound for me.

Thanx Thevo RoC marsillians Krauss arj will come back here after the audition if possible this coming weekend itself thanx for your advice my budget for speakers would be in and around 50k. If you got any more suggestions let me know.

Rem,

For 50 K, please do audition the Jamo C800 series. They are well worth the money. And they do something really lovely with vocals and midrange especially when paired with a Marantz.

The Monitor Audio RS1 is also a lovely speaker. I dont know if you can fit the RS6 into that budget. The Dali Ikon is another speaker to consider - its ribbon tweeter takes it places.

There is also this often lesser known Polk - the Lsi series, the Lsi7 and the Lsi9 actually. Again the tweeters and the voice coil distinguish them. They have a ring radiating set of tweeters I believe and again these do very well with vocals and with dispersion.

Also the Mezzo's should be worth an audition at this budget. You should be able to fit in the Mezzo 6 at this budget.

By the way what is the amp you are going to pair this speaker with?

Have checked the Mezzo 2 love that one the Mezzo 6 and Ms RS6 are around 60k-70k. :eek:

Need to check the RS1 though I think that will be a good one. I am planning to put this along an A/V receiver for the time being CA/Yamaha and then later on after a yr or 2 will try to get a 2 channel amp and have a separate 2 channel system that's the long term plan :D. for the time being a 2 channel music/movie setup is the one I am looking for.

Again thanks for your inputs keep it coming:)

You can buy an integrated amp now and get a cheap receiver when you upgrade to a surround setup. You can keep on using the integrated amp to drive your fronts by using the preamp outs from the receiver. Entry level integrated amps will sound much much better than entry level receivers.

You can buy an integrated amp now and get a cheap receiver when you upgrade to a surround setup. You can keep on using the integrated amp to drive your fronts by using the preamp outs from the receiver. Entry level integrated amps will sound much much better than entry level receivers.

ROC the receiver I have in mind is in the range of Yamaha 663 or Denon 1909 (35-45k) range.

So will those be also categorized as entry level.

I would like to get a receiver(a good one at that) initially coz I want to keep both sets(ppl watching movies as well as who wants music) of the people happy at home a amp jus for music wont go well at home :)

To be honest, I really don't see a point spending so much money on a receiver when your primary interest would be music. I'd rather get a good amplifier and an entry level receiver for surround sound. Do remember that a receiver can never match the tonality of a good integrated amp since the basic purpose of it is to create sound for movies where sound pressure levels are more important than anything else.

I'd not recommend the use of a Klipsch with an AV receiver for music at all. They'd lead to listening fatigue in no time. Try and audition other speakers if you must get an AV receiver.

Last edited:
Point taken RoC think I will audition other speakers rather than the Klipsch. Epos, Monitor Audios, PSB are all in mind waiting for the weekend atleast need to audition one of these this weekend.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back