Has anyone reviewed or bought 50" Panasonic TH-50AS670D

Can you update more information regarding this tv. I am thinking of buying the 55AS670D model. Any luck regarding the black spot at the corner. Suggestion regarding this model will be helpfull

Hello MAHESH....
I am pleased with the picture quality of 50AS670D. Watched couple of 3D movies ... no strain on the eyes. Overall experience is good. As for slight dark shades at the corners...I am being told and checked that its there is all / almost all LED TVs. Others here can add more. Nothing to get worried about though.

Please let me know the feedback for Panasonic TH-50AS670D. I want to go for it this weekend, if the feedback is good from you people

I was earlier comparing it with Sony Bravia 50W900. Sony's picture quality is very good but it lacks in the smart features badly. Even to detect a HDD connected to its USB it takes couple of minutes. Whereas panasonic connects in seconds.

I'd say that Sony has upper hand on the picture quality but would like to know Panasonic fairs in actuals.

The 50W900 is also not available with most of the showrooms. Is there any reason for it more on the quality of this TV. What is your service quality experience from your people so far ?

Eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Thanks in Advance,
Nilesh

Hi NILESH...
Here are my quick inputs:
Service of PANASONIC sucks in BLR. They are understaffed and attend calls very late. My rating for that POOR.
Picture quality is good. Viewing experience is pleasant, nice color reproduction and less strain on eyes. 3D is also good. If u r watching downloaded media then you will see some jutter which is all because of how the media file decoded / encoded FPS etc. Internet / wifi performance is good. Youtube videos plays well. Have not explored all of its smart features yet. No issues with external HDD detection. I have connected 1TB drive. Few file format did not play on this...i recall had issue with couple of .avi files though they are listed as supported version. Never had time to worry for those files. If you get hold of true blue ray files...clarity is awesome.

Hi guys,

Another recent owner of AS670 here. Has anyone tried the Panasonic app with your iphone/ipad as a remote? For some reason the app wont detect the TV on my ipad.

I have set the TV remote app option to on. Searched online but didnt find much help other than some discussion about needing to disable "IGMP proxy" for the app to work, but again not able to find this option at all in my Dlink router.

Please help.

Does this Model record to external harddisk?

Thanks

Hi NILESH...
Here are my quick inputs:
Service of PANASONIC sucks in BLR. They are understaffed and attend calls very late. My rating for that POOR.
Picture quality is good. Viewing experience is pleasant, nice color reproduction and less strain on eyes. 3D is also good. If u r watching downloaded media then you will see some jutter which is all because of how the media file decoded / encoded FPS etc. Internet / wifi performance is good. Youtube videos plays well. Have not explored all of its smart features yet. No issues with external HDD detection. I have connected 1TB drive. Few file format did not play on this...i recall had issue with couple of .avi files though they are listed as supported version. Never had time to worry for those files. If you get hold of true blue ray files...clarity is awesome.

Hi Guys!,

I'm new to this forum, actually registered today! expecting your help all time..

You people still suggest this 50AS670D model, i have zeroed this but second thought on Sony 50 w900b. Please help?:sad:

Regards,
Kalai

@akush

k, here's the info you've been waiting for! :)

1. Switch on the TV.
2. Keep TV set side vol - button pressed and press "info" thrice on remote.
3. You will get the "Start adjustment menu" and then another screen in a few seconds
4. Press "2" twice on remote.
5. Using the cursor keys, highlight the right side
of the last item "PTCT :00.00.00.00.00" :
6. Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

Time and Count will be displayed:

TIME = Hours : Minutes of operation.
COUNT = Times the set was powered on.

got all this info from HFV itself. it's buried in here somewhere. tried it on the as670 and it worked :)

Hi,

Was able to get to as far as step 4, beyond that there was no PTCT and nothin happened after pressing mute for 3 secs. Any help?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back