Has anyone reviewed or bought 50" Panasonic TH-50AS670D

Offer should be the same across all Girija's showrooms. Please mention abt the the news paper AD if they quote more. I guess the AD came on 1st or 2nd oct.

Do you know which paper the ad came in...tryig to get hold of that ad from a contact in chennai.

@akush

k, here's the info you've been waiting for! :)

1. Switch on the TV.
2. Keep TV set side vol - button pressed and press "info" thrice on remote.
3. You will get the "Start adjustment menu" and then another screen in a few seconds
4. Press "2" twice on remote.
5. Using the cursor keys, highlight the right side
of the last item "PTCT :00.00.00.00.00" :
6. Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

Time and Count will be displayed:

TIME = Hours : Minutes of operation.
COUNT = Times the set was powered on.

got all this info from HFV itself. it's buried in here somewhere. tried it on the as670 and it worked :)
Can you please give a quick review of how SD and HD performs.

Reliance Digital have got the same model in 55" and Yamaha 196 Home Theatre 5.1 channel is bundled with this. The price is 1.4 .

Hi,

I went to view and book AS670 today and I saw 55WT50 . The dealer told me that a single piece is available for 1.25 k . Is this model worth the buy as its a 2012-13 model. I was very impressed. Please suggest.

Reliance Digital have got the same model in 55" and Yamaha 196 Home Theatre 5.1 channel is bundled with this. The price is 1.4 .

Yeah I did checked at relince also...they dont have 50" inch in stock. But the 55" deal is also sounds good.
55" looked great...its just that it will be big for my room setup.

Hi,

I went to view and book AS670 today and I saw 55WT50 . The dealer told me that a single piece is available for 1.25 k . Is this model worth the buy as its a 2012-13 model. I was very impressed. Please suggest.

Hi Lakshminarasimhan,

I guess you should have seen this 55WT50 in vasanth&co, t.nagar. If yes, I had seen that display piece from July month, not sure from when they had started using that piece. so it's you call.

Hi all..
I went ahead closed the deal with MW.
Installation done...just waiting for the demo person to show up...
Have a question ... How to set the Custom Viewing Mode as Default when the TV is powered ON
@sunshine: Do you also notice a very slight (what appears to me) dark shade on the corners of the screen, is it because of the channels / set top box? Will anyhow clarify this with the tech...

There are multiple vieiwing mode, like THX cinema , Living Etc...but unable to scroll through the menu curser...any thoughts?

Whats the asking price for Panasonic VIERA AS670 series TH-55AS670 SMART LED TV,
Reliance is quoting Rs 139000 along with Yamaha Home theatre. Any suggestions?

@coaltrain
I tried to pull up the usage hours from the piece i have got but unable to get to the usage window. Though i am able to get tobthe system adjustment menu.
Can you outline if anything different needs to be done?

Also the box says manufacturing date as Sep 2014.
Other thing which turned out wiered...
The first time the unit was turned ON ... it did not load the setup menu and went directly to home screen...
But the box was factory sealed as there were no signs of tampering, no additional thick stapler holes...so i have a feeling that it was a factory sealed box which I had picked up....any thoughts from members here....
I am yet to get the demo visit...though installation has been done by the other tech from service center...

Can anyone share picture settings for this TV.I got a 42 AS670 as replacement for my 42e6 under warranty

Do you also notice a very slight (what appears to me) dark shade on the corners of the screen, is it because of the channels / set top box? Will anyhow clarify this with the tech...

I finally got the TV installed yesterday:yahoo:. Had a tough choice between Sony and Panasonic, finally got this as I was convinced its VFM. Got Philips sound bar as complimentary :licklips: Thanks to all members for their valuable suggestions and inputs

Now to the subject of calibration; I noticed that the corners are dark when viewing on STB. What is the ideal setting for the home viewing?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back