Has anyone seen Pioneer PDP-428XG 42" Plasma

I have seen this tv in hi fi shops, every time I go I try to have few minutes look at its marvelous picture quality. inspite of its 720p spec, its a fantastic tv.

I don't know the practical problems with the tv coz none of the people I know have this model. but one minus I can tell is the price (at least in Dubai). its current retail here is ~ 90K INR equivalent, which I feel is too high for a 720p. for this price I can buy a PV8 and an optoma HD65 projector.

Any reviews on Pioneer KURO 42" Plasma, PDP-428XG, mainly the picture quality.

Hi,

This information may be useful to you. I read in the Digit magazine (didn't remember the month of the issue) that Pioneer is planning to quit from TV business by 2010. I am not sure whether this information is true.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Hi,

This information may be useful to you. I read in the Digit magazine (didn't remember the month of the issue) that Pioneer is planning to quit from TV business by 2010. I am not sure whether this information is true.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Pioneer has been bleeding with these sets though wrt to sheer OQ and clour reproduction nothing comes close to these babies. I saw a 50" HD ready plasma and Ironman blueray disc via ps3 - only had one word for it - AMAZING.

Apart from jet blacks - the details reproduced were impeccable.

it's superb, you don't really need 1080p at 42" when you get this level of picture quality. And even otherwise at 42" the differences you see between 1080p and 720p are pretty small. Yes, it costs a premium, but you're paying for some fabulous quality.

Any reviews on Pioneer KURO 42" Plasma, PDP-428XG, mainly the picture quality.

I agree with physotropic. pioneer is the benchmark IMO.I you can afford it & wan the best i feel you should'nt look back
Yes pioneer is bleeding & is going to quit makeing it's own panels but at the moment it their is no news of them completely exiting the bussiness.
All the best
Cheers

It is being imported from Sing/Jap, will know after I receive it, should be about 100K

Manish,

I am also looking for the same - PDP 428XG. In Bangalore, the availability is very limited and they quote 1.39L to 1.49L.

Is it possible for you to let me know where you are sourcing your plasma from? I might also go for the same, if it is reliable.

Manish,

I am also looking for the same - PDP 428XG. In Bangalore, the availability is very limited and they quote 1.39L to 1.49L.

Is it possible for you to let me know where you are sourcing your plasma from? I might also go for the same, if it is reliable.[/QUOT

here is the contact no. 9925027445, he is Mr. Hitesh Shah, from Vadodara, Gujarat. He will arrange it for you.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back