Has anyone used shopyourworld.com?

For items bought in the USA yes(n it is 110 V) UK uses 22V so you do not need any step-down/ up- just a plug adaptor as the UK pins are different to those normally used here.

guys any idea on whether one needs to buy a step up/down transformer for products bought from US/UK???

For items bought in the USA yes( it is 110 V) UK uses 220V so you do not need any step-down/ up convertor - just a plug adaptor as the UK pins are different to those normally used here.

thanks @jbgude what i intended to ask was that if we buy it through shopyourworld.com then will we have to buy a step down transformer???

my HK 3390 just arrived today bought through shop your world!...and let me tell you i have been nothing but happy with their service...excellent customer service...my amp arrived without a single scratch as the packing was simply superb...this was my first buy at shop your world...and i'm thoroughly impressed...will definitely recommend SYW to anyone!..

Further to the above mail, i had a different experience from them..

TIN0193390US -

The order has been pending for quite some time now and you have been giving me all mis information about the same.

They first said that the US company is not shipping it out so them "claimed" that UK store will be shipping it out.

Then they confirmed that it was shipped out of UK with THEM bearing the difference in charges as the price there was too high.

They also gave me a date and said it was shipped out and will reach me on the 25th of Jan.

NOw, today's story is that it has been shipped out of US (AGAIN) and should reach Mumbai on 29th and THEN they will ship it to ME?????

I only ordered for 1 phone and not 2.

they refuse to give me the AWB of the parcel that has been shipped out to me. I dont understand why THEY should get it, where in you have informed that all shipments will come directly to ME.

So why MUMBAI????

Hence, i have decided to cancel my order today the 25th of Jan. Hope other have a better experince than me.

Regards
Suresh Thunga

Further update.....

Today the 2nd of Feb i received the cheque for the amount i paid with my CC.

Though the person who called from the managment claimed to send it about 6 days back.... but better late then never i say...

BTW... The address i got the cheque from is
Import Express India Pvt Ltd
385, cardinal Gracias Road, Chakala, Andheri (e) Mumbai Tel: 6132 3232

Guess this is their real address.

I ordered Amazon Kindle from this site and my experience was awsome. For express Delivery they promise to deliver in 8-12 working days. I got my kindle on the 8th day morning. That was just great. And the discount they give 5%, if you use ICICI or HDFC cards, you will love it. I was just checking in all the sites for the Kindle 3G wi-fi, it was coming around 8200-9000 in all the sites. But I got this from this site only in 7550, that includes tax, custom and insurance. This site is the most prefereble for Kindle from my experience.

Last edited:
If the fact that 04 out of my five purchases made through SYW were seriously bungled did not swear me off them. Blatant lying, continually reneging on promises and extremely POOR customer support has ensured that I would never dare to do business with these unprofessional people again. Intend dragging these people to consumer court in the coming week. People you have been warned. Documentary proof of misdemeanor if required can be provided by writing to me as pjashish at the rate of gmail dot com so that no that no one else ever has to go through the harassment I went through.

I am planning to buy Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver/Speaker Package through shopyourworld.com. Any suggestions?

I bought Yamaha RX V3900BL AV Receiver+ Step up/down converter thro
shop your world last year. Recd my delivery in 10 days time. Had a good experience

I would suggest people to stay away from Shopyourworld. I am still waiting for my refunds. They have horrible service.

I had also imported 2 FS from Amazon thru them. Nice service. Orders in Pieline with them are Sub Woofers and Surrounds.

A little late in terms of delivery but quality service.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back