Hathway Bangalore - Dolby Audio

manojpba673

Hi All,
Is Hathway still offering Dolby Audio in Bangalore? I am not receiving Dolby Audio for past few months. But, my set top box shows Dolby logo for a couple of channels( MNX HD and Baby TV), but TV or home theater does not recognize Dolby Audio. Any one have more information? Thanks

With best regards,
Manoj

Which HD box are you using? Go into SETTINGS and AUDIO Settings....select the SIGNAL from PCM to DOLBY DIGITAL.....

Which HD box are you using? Go into SETTINGS and AUDIO Settings....select the SIGNAL from PCM to DOLBY DIGITAL.....
I am using a Hathway HD set top box with Dolby Digital support. I was receiving dolby audio till recently and not it is lost. I verified the settings and it is correct...

There seems to be an inherit issue with Hathway HD boxes.....some channels give out 5.1 and no volume.....which means you need to increase the volume via set top box remote......else some have no volume control ...direct loud output....so all channels are not broadcasted the same .....there is no uniformity in HD channels here....I did escalate to Hathway....I do have a HIGH END AVR which displays DD or DTS if the source is streaming the actual content...showed their technician and even gave Hathway a link on what is Dolby Surround and how it works.......

Bottom line....since we use normal TVs with left or right and I dont put the AVR on all the time.....HDMI settings is on PCM so that all channels are VOLUME controlled and maintain some uniformity.

SPDIF is on Dolby Digital should I have the urge to amplify something from the set top box...else I watch online content streamed from Laptop which works just fine.

There seems to be an inherit issue with Hathway HD boxes.....some channels give out 5.1 and no volume.....which means you need to increase the volume via set top box remote......else some have no volume control ...direct loud output....so all channels are not broadcasted the same .....there is no uniformity in HD channels here....I did escalate to Hathway....I do have a HIGH END AVR which displays DD or DTS if the source is streaming the actual content...showed their technician and even gave Hathway a link on what is Dolby Surround and how it works.......

Bottom line....since we use normal TVs with left or right and I dont put the AVR on all the time.....HDMI settings is on PCM so that all channels are VOLUME controlled and maintain some uniformity.

SPDIF is on Dolby Digital should I have the urge to amplify something from the set top box...else I watch online content streamed from Laptop which works just fine.
Hi,
I just took a HD set top box from Hathway and there is no spdif on it. It has HDMI and an AV out connection which looks more like a headphone out. When using the HDMI out I just get 2 channel audio. In the audio settings it shows unitive vs separable sound. But no matter what, the AVR shows 2 channel PCM. Any idea how to get Dolby ?
Thanks

Hi,
I just took a HD set top box from Hathway and there is no spdif on it. It has HDMI and an AV out connection which looks more like a headphone out. When using the HDMI out I just get 2 channel audio. In the audio settings it shows unitive vs separable sound. But no matter what, the AVR shows 2 channel PCM. Any idea how to get Dolby ?
Thanks

Hi

The new set top box is limited to AV out (headphone out) and HDMI......my inlaws jst updated their set top box to this model....lemme check and get back to you.

Hi

The new set top box is limited to AV out (headphone out) and HDMI......my inlaws jst updated their set top box to this model....lemme check and get back to you.
I had also called their helpline last night. It took enormous time for me to explain to them what I was looking for- Dolby, multichannel audio, surround sound, etc. After keeping me waiting for 15-20 mins, the guy still came back saying that they do not provide Dolby channel ! After few more feeble attempts to explain from my end, I was again put on hold and then informed that what ever channels I am getting on my set top box were all that were available and that there was no Dolby channel. Then I gave up and put my query on the forum :)

I had also called their helpline last night. It took enormous time for me to explain to them what I was looking for- Dolby, multichannel audio, surround sound, etc. After keeping me waiting for 15-20 mins, the guy still came back saying that they do not provide Dolby channel ! After few more feeble attempts to explain from my end, I was again put on hold and then informed that what ever channels I am getting on my set top box were all that were available and that there was no Dolby channel. Then I gave up and put my query on the forum :)

Their helpline is not effective as normal staff....half the HD channels dont give Dolby Digitial or Plus properly. Honestly, I have downgraded to their SD pack (Hathway pack of 122 channels) which costs Rs 531 inclusive of all taxes....you get all channels.....reason being same movies repeated again and again.......nothing new.....

I use Netflix heavily via laptop through their app and i enjoy good Dolby Digital + playback.........better movies and series...

Hi

I checked the set top box and unlike the older box i personally use there is no mention of Dolby Digital or PCM as options in the new one!

Suggest you try this.

In Audio settings...try the following one at a time.....then Restart Box and check....

Solution ONE

Sound Track Mode = Separable
Default Sound Track = Mixture

Solution TWO

Sound Track Mode = Unitive

Solution THREE

Default Sound Track = Stereo

Solution FOUR

Please check with a proper HD channel which Outputs DD 5.1 signal or DD+...possibly Sony Pix or &Flix HD......

Hi

I checked the set top box and unlike the older box i personally use there is no mention of Dolby Digital or PCM as options in the new one!

Suggest you try this.

In Audio settings...try the following one at a time.....then Restart Box and check....

Solution ONE

Solution TWO

Solution THREE

Solution FOUR

Please check with a proper HD channel which Outputs DD 5.1 signal or DD+...possibly Sony Pix or &Flix HD......
Thanks for taking the trouble, will definitely try over the long week end and let you know if it worked.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back