have you built enclosures using only glue?? (without screws and other fasteners)

IMO if wood glue is good most of the strength of enclosure comes from the glue strength. Adding Nails or Screws can act as clamps till the glue dries. Check Hexibase channel in youtube, most of the enclosures made by this guy is only glue, he uses screws as clamps till the glue dries.

In-fact Screws would be a problem while finishing the cabinet (painting, sanding, round over etc.). Personally I use glue and brad nails (brad nails for clamping till glue dries).

Hi,
Saba reso cabinet is such a one not using any nail. Only wood glue used for joints. Also many vintage German speaker cabinets and radios built by only using wood glue.
I am building 'reso' cabinets for my Saba green cones. Will post pics soon.
Regards

Hi,
Saba reso cabinet is such a one not using any nail. Only wood glue used for joints. Also many vintage German speaker cabinets and radios built by only using wood glue.
I am building 'reso' cabinets for my Saba green cones. Will post pics soon.
Regards
interesting !!!

IMO if wood glue is good most of the strength of enclosure comes from the glue strength. Adding Nails or Screws can act as clamps till the glue dries. Check Hexibase channel in youtube, most of the enclosures made by this guy is only glue, he uses screws as clamps till the glue dries.

In-fact Screws would be a problem while finishing the cabinet (painting, sanding, round over etc.). Personally I use glue and brad nails (brad nails for clamping till glue dries).
thank you venki !!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back