having problem in my wharfedale dx 1 hcp center speaker sound

idlefriend

Hi.I am using wharfedale dx 1 hcp HT with denon 2001w AVR.My problem is center speaker sound is coming sound "Guzz" along with voice.this sound is coming more for PCM(stereo) sound.I did not understand the problem.rest of the speakers are working fine.

My doubt is,actually wharfedale dx 1 hcp speakers are recommended for 80 watts per channel and receiver gives 95watts per channel.is the issue because of this?? please help me on this.

I am not sure you tried this or not but if not, please do it.

1. Plug Front L or R speaker in center channel out (speaker out) and see if sound comes.
> if sound comes then the issue is with the speaker, if not then there is something in AVR (also check settings or run Audyssey, see if it works).
2. Plug Center speaker in any other channel and see if sound comes. (keep low volume)
> if sound comes then speaker is okay

95 watts AVR and 80 watts speaker is not an issue except you play/played it too loud but speaker should be more wattage than AVR.

Please update if this problem is from the beginning.

I am not sure you tried this or not but if not, please do it.

1. Plug Front L or R speaker in center channel out (speaker out) and see if sound comes.
> if sound comes then the issue is with the speaker, if not then there is something in AVR (also check settings or run Audyssey, see if it works).
2. Plug Center speaker in any other channel and see if sound comes. (keep low volume)
> if sound comes then speaker is okay

95 watts AVR and 80 watts speaker is not an issue except you play/played it too loud but speaker should be more wattage than AVR.

Please update if this problem is from the beginning.
In my self experience Audyssey is totally waste.Agree that sound is completely changed and some nice sound is coming threw center and L,R speakers but problem with surround speakers.I already created a thread regarding this problem also.surround speakers sound not at all good even some GUZZ sound is coming both surround speakers.if i set in to manual setting then proper surround is coming so i am using manual settings only.but this problem is coming.let me check with swapping the speakers and let you know the result.Thanks for the advise.

I got the solution.actually the problem is with low whatts chenter speaker only.it is not suitable 80whatts center speaker with 95whatts AVR.Now I have upgraded to Sonodyne sonus C2501 center speaker.Very soon I will upgrade to all my speakers.
1zqtrf9.jpg

xnrg3p.jpg

2reqhow.jpg

My Surround Sound is not so great with DX-1. I tried callibration with Audyssey and manual. But it does sound very low. Ihave to turn vol up to 18-19db to hear clearly. Otherwise the sound from F L C are very mild. Also tried to increase the db level in setup to F L Center each to +3db. Does incorrect FEET measurements can affect the sound. What shud be the ideal FEET level from the Center to my seating if count via measuring tape .? also the Back Surrounds distance shud be covered from the seatingposition or from the center. My surrounds are wall mounted. while my F C L are nearby to TV.

Earlier all were wall mounted in a Box position for my hall at 8 feet height?? but it did not sound great very low so , i moved the F L and Center nearby to 32 inch TV.

I am doubtfull of my AVR yamaha 471 does it powerfull for my dx1.
also i kept the Xover FQ in sub at 120Hz. IS this correct.
Please guide

Does replaceing Center with Sonodyne 2501 for dx-1 made a huge difference as compard to earlier setup./??

My Surround Sound is not so great with DX-1. I tried callibration with Audyssey and manual. But it does sound very low. Ihave to turn vol up to 18-19db to hear clearly. Otherwise the sound from F L C are very mild. Also tried to increase the db level in setup to F L Center each to +3db. Does incorrect FEET measurements can affect the sound. What shud be the ideal FEET level from the Center to my seating if count via measuring tape .? also the Back Surrounds distance shud be covered from the seatingposition or from the center. My surrounds are wall mounted. while my F C L are nearby to TV.

Earlier all were wall mounted in a Box position for my hall at 8 feet height?? but it did not sound great very low so , i moved the F L and Center nearby to 32 inch TV.

Please guide

First, your Front Left, Right and center speakers should be at your ear level. The rear surrounds can be slightly higher than ear level,say 1 feet. A volume of negative 18-19db is perfectly fine, however, at the right speaker placement. Try placing the speakers at the right height and then running Auto Setup. The setup mic should be placed at the seating position's ear height.

Once the setup completes, switch your front speakers to Small and set the cross over to 80Hz. Center speaker to 110hz and rear surrounds to 80hz. You have not mentioned a Sub. If there is no Sub, leave the front speakers as Large to run full range.

MaSh

Please guide

Yamaha 471 Should drive the 5.1 Satellites sub system comfortably.
It has enough power. Many are driving BS/FS with 471.

First, your Front Left, Right and center speakers should be at your ear level. The rear surrounds can be slightly higher than ear level,say 1 feet. A volume of negative 18-19db is perfectly fine, however, at the right speaker placement. Try placing the speakers at the right height and then running Auto Setup. The setup mic should be placed at the seating position's ear height.

Once the setup completes, switch your front speakers to Small and set the cross over to 80Hz. Center speaker to 110hz and rear surrounds to 80hz. You have not mentioned a Sub. If there is no Sub, leave the front speakers as Large to run full range.

MaSh

Thanks , BUT tried this approach. I dont have seperate control of making 80hz crossover for F/R. but i had made xover for SuB to 110h in AVR. My SUB knob is turned to full clockwise right as per directions from Dx-1 setupmanuall.

Attached image showing setup. Earlier all those were wall mounted in a box type .
But now i have moved Front LRC around the TVBOX.

Attachments

• SpeakerSetup.jpg
    SpeakerSetup.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 23
Thanks , BUT tried this approach. I dont have seperate control of making 80hz crossover for F/R. but i had made xover for SuB to 110h in AVR. My SUB knob is turned to full clockwise right as per directions from Dx-1 setupmanuall.

Attached image showing setup. Earlier all those were wall mounted in a box type .
But now i have moved Front LRC around the TVBOX.

There must be a setting somewhere(not familiar with Yamaha menu) to set your speakers to Small. The Auto Setup must have set them to Large, hence you dont have the option to change the cross over. Check the manual, on how to change the Front speakers to Small. Once that is done, you should be able to set the cross over manually.

Sub knob turned full means, is that set to Max Volume? Sorry did not understand.

MaSh

I have the yamaha 675. Under the manual setup options you can change the speakers to small from large. Then adjust the crossover frequency of the subwoofer.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back