HD Display Card- help

Hi Gobble,

I wanted to run multiple virtual instances ( 4 or more instances ) without my system crashing down and hence went for this type of config (with 4 cores rather than Hyper Threading), i really dint bother about my chipset at that time to be frank..;) good to know that your chipset also supports virtualization :)

cheers
Prashant

OT but can't help it - I used to run 6 VMs on a single core athlonXP with 768MB RAM . How?!! Minimal freeBSD running Quagga routing suite - in 48MB ram nd 512mb disk each.

I use the Quad core at office - really smooth experience.

Enjoy :)

Cheers

I got that link from the Asus india website so I guess its already launched here and I checked some other cards as well from Asus in that same site there are some others too with HDMI and audio over HDMI and many other features. I suggest you pick out one of the card model names from there and search the web for reviews. You would rarely get to see any bad reviews abt Asus( by now you know that m a big Asus fan).

You can also check out the XFX website.

I ran my virtualisation from my P4 upto 3 but on a Quad it would be ultra smooth.

How much you paid for that M-Audio card

Check with their bangalore Distributor for availability I got this add from their website

Rashi Peripherals Pvt. Ltd
Bangalore Rashi Peripherals Pvt. Ltd
Hubli Rashi Peripherals Pvt. Ltd
Mangalore
3Rd Floor, # 3, Sunkalpet Main Road, Bangalore 560002.
[email protected]
Tel No. 42480250

OT but can't help it -I use the Quad core at office - really smooth experience.

Gobble : agreed this is OT, but you are really lucky to get a quad core @ your office :cool:

Check with their bangalore Distributor for availability I got this add from their website [email protected]
Tel No. 42480250

Rem: I sent an email to the address you had provided and they have provided two references ( Ankit Computers in SP Road and some other dealer in Brigade Road ).

Have asked for the MRP of this product again via email, but if i dont get will call them and get the price.

I paid 7K for the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 card from SP Road and a custom gold plated RCA cable for 3k

cheers
Prashant

Back