Hi All,

Looking for a HDD Media Player.

Basic Requirements
1) Support major file formats(mkv/mp4/iso) and HD Audio
2) Torrent Client
3) HDD Bay
4) Ethernet Port
5) Durability as it will be running 24x7

Primary job of this device will be torrenting and watching HD and Full HD movies from NAS box. Also this is needs to be portable as I will carry this, whenever I visit native place. It will not be used for music/online radio/online tv etc. Previously owned Asus Oplay HD2 and liked the player very much. But torrent client was not good.

Budget - Not yet decided.

Knowing budget will help. At this point the WD Live Hub (locally available) and Popcorn Hour( not locally available, different models check their site for more info) come to mind, both can accommodate HDD internally.

You just missed a great deal from cyber vinay on popcorn hour c200. Which can be turned into BDP adding a bluray drive. Create a wanted thread and look for such deals.

:)

Other than popcorn hour c200, what are the options I can mention in wanted thread.

How is WD Live Hub in torrent capability?

I think you should look for android based media players. You can install torrent clients and other apps.

Most of the android players are chinese products. I think Himedia 900b is android. One advantage is that in the near future you can install xbmc on android players.

xtreamer sidewinder 3 seems to be good enough for my requirement. Where can I buy the same? Though, I am open to buying overseas, would prefer to buy locally across the counter/online.

Two days back I have ordered xtreamer sidewinder 3 from htstore.in and received it today. Hooked it to the TV and watched few videos from NAS. Yet to explore it fully. Initial impression is very good.

Transaction with htstore.in(got in touch with Mr. Lokesh) was wonderful.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back