HELP..HELP..HELP

I got everything now problem occur. :(

Cast:
1- LG 32" LCD
2- Onkyo 3300 AVR
3- Panasonic Blu ray
4- Two Belkin HDMI cables

Done:
1- Connected all using two HDMI as according to Onkyo Manual.
2- Two HDMI connected to AVR one goes to Blu ray other goes to LCD HDMI3 IN

Scene-1:
When I watch anything or listen to songs using Bluray player the speakers of HT as well as TV all working well and produce great sound.

Scene-2:
When I watch anything on TV only using cable line (in this case Disc player is turned off) I'm getting nothing through HT speakers and only TV speakers are working :(

Friends what could be the issue, can somebody help me on this?

One more question,
Do I need to connect the AVR and TV using an Optical cable also with HDMI connected side by side to get TV channel sound?

I'll appreciate any kind of inputs and help from you :)

I think the forum also start a separate "KNOWLEDGE BASE" kind of a link that can help the newbies like me :clapping: regarding cables, attachments, HT connections, How to get better output from HT something like that..

But please HELP me first :sad:

love you all
Dinesh
:signthankspin: in advance
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Try to connect TVHDMI to HDMI out ..
2. Bray player connect any avilable HDMI input
3.Check TV Stereo output setting and enable through HDMI ..

also try on Tv..
digital audio output" to PCM or Dolby Digital.
or switch digital audio output from PCM to Dolby Digital..

To get TV audio throgh AVR you can do the following:

1. Check whether your TV has ARC feature. If available you will get sound through the same HDMI cable that you connect between TV and AVR.
2. Does your TV feature optical out? If so connect optical out from your tv to optical in of AVR.
3. If the above features are not available, then connect the headphone out or line out of the tv to one of the RCA inputs of your AVR. I would recommend this option over optical, as you are not going to get true 5.1 sound in your cable tv connection.

@roseboy24: Thanks brother but I didn't get it clearly. Might be my fault.
But I think I've connected the HDMI cables perfectly according to the Onkyo Manual. Trust me...
Just can't troubleshoot the TV->AVR relationship :eek:

@baijuxavior: Brother I'm using LG32LK450, I'm not aware about ARC feature :( what's this btw? :( How do I figure this out?

Yes TV has an optical out. ( Do I buy one from ebay? )

By RCA you meant the colorful cable we use to connect the TV to CD/DVD players?

Ok I'll try the options you suggested :)

Thanks to both of you.
Regards
Dinesh

@baijuxavior: Brother I'm using LG32LK450, I'm not aware about ARC feature :( what's this btw? :( How do I figure this out?

ARC is 'audio return channel' which is a technology to route audio from your tv back to the avr using the same hdmi cable. Not all TVs have this feature. Check the TV audio settings and refer to the tv manual.

By RCA you meant the colorful cable we use to connect the TV to CD/DVD players?

Yes. Use RCA cable to connect the tv line out to one of the avr input like dvd player. When you want to hear tv sound throgh avr, switch the avr to this input.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the valuable inputs :) very appreciable.

I'm working on those one by one.

I didn't find any information anywhere whether LG 32LK450 has ARC.

Some suggestions from LG manual are:

The TV can receive video and audio signals simultaneously when using an HDMI cable.

Transmits the digital audio signal from the TV to an external device. Connect the external device and the TV with the optical audio cable

Your TV only works with the devices that support HDMI-CEC.

If a connected SIMPLINK Home theatre system does not play the audio from the TV, connect the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT terminal on the rear of the TV to the DIGITAL AUDIO IN terminal on the back of the SIMPLINK device with an optical cable.

I think I need to use an optical cable to sort out the issue.

Regards
Dinesh

From what you posted, It seems that your TV supports ARC. Try with the tv audio and hdmi settings.

Hello All,

HELP..HELP..HELP

I got everything now problem occur. :(

Cast:
1- LG 32" LCD
2- Onkyo 3300 AVR
3- Panasonic Blu ray
4- Two Belkin HDMI cables

Done:
1- Connected all using two HDMI as according to Onkyo Manual.
2- Two HDMI connected to AVR one goes to Blu ray other goes to LCD HDMI3 IN

Scene-1:
When I watch anything or listen to songs using Bluray player the speakers of HT as well as TV all working well and produce great sound.

Scene-2:
When I watch anything on TV only using cable line (in this case Disc player is turned off) I'm getting nothing through HT speakers and only TV speakers are working :(

Friends what could be the issue, can somebody help me on this?

One more question,
Do I need to connect the AVR and TV using an Optical cable also with HDMI connected side by side to get TV channel sound?

I'll appreciate any kind of inputs and help from you :)

I think the forum also start a separate "KNOWLEDGE BASE" kind of a link that can help the newbies like me :clapping: regarding cables, attachments, HT connections, How to get better output from HT something like that..

But please HELP me first :sad:

love you all
Dinesh
:signthankspin: in advance
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

you are connecting HD STB and BRAY player to avr.. then ideally should be three HDmi cables to get sound from both the devices.. if just the player is connected to onkyo and hdmi out goes to tv and it is doing what's it supposed to do.. lg i dont think will have audio return and even if it has the SIMPLINK of lg will not work with onkyo..

so if its a HD stb connect STB and BLURAY player to HDMI IN to onkyo and then 3rd HDMI cable to HDMI OUT to TV. then it will pass through the video and give you audio from both the devices..

if its a NON HD STB.. then take the analog l+R with rca cable (red and white ) let just the video go to tv with the single cable and feed the audio to avr into the analog.. then you would need to switch sources in AVR while using diffrent devices and you will be good.

if you are feeding HDMI from STB to tv directly and wanna keep it the same way. buy a normal optical cable for 300-400 bucks or use the normal dvd cable for co-ax and feed digital audio to avr through that. though you will have to keep your tv on mute coz the STB has no way to mute or stop the sound if optical/coax is connected. it will feed both tv and avr and you will get a echo effect as there is a lag of few milliseconds between direct hdmi audio to tv and through coax/optical to avr. though lip sync will be perfect in both the cases but you will be able to identify the diffrence with both sources on.

Last edited:
@theironhorse , Thanks buddy for the very technical answer. very appreciable.
But I'm not using HD STB, instead a simple cable line :( , so your said configuration is for the setup having STB included.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back