HDMI or Coxial/optical Or Analog for Audio

freshseasons

Let say you have a AV receiver 50K above, which does a good performance on music.
Which amongst these i.e HDMI or Coxial/optical Or Analog will you use for Audio Via DVD/Cd/BDP Player to your Receiver for Music( 100% Music).GOLD RCA connectors,or Gold Optical/Coxial or that Hdmi 1.3b...?
Which one gives real music..?

Usually CDp with analoge out can sound better with good AVR.
If AVR DAC are very good,DVDp with coax out can sound better too.

Thanks for the link.However doesnt fully answers the op question.Which is best for Audio,under these specific circumstances ? :)

spirovious said:
Usually CDp with analoge out can sound better with good AVR.
If AVR DAC are very good,DVDp with coax out can sound better too.
Thanks .That is the line i was looking for.So you Mean if its DVDP like pioneer or Oppo, coxial is better option with Good AVR.
What about HDMI ?
And if it is CD players is like Cambridge,Marantz 5003 or Nad, then connecting AVR with RCA Analog makes more sense.
Is this right ?

You are right,
DVDp like oppo has better DAC & can be connected as ana out to better AVR.
Pioneer can be connected with digital in.
One thing many will tell you that a stereo amp will be any time better.

For budget players (which I assume you might be referring to), it all depends on if you want 2 channel or multi channel and want a clean setup.

If yes, then coax/optical or HDMI is the way to go. If you are OK with 2 channel without impacting the sound with DSPs of any sort and have good source and decent room acoustics, then analogue is an option. Otherwise you will not observe much difference between which connectors you use.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back