HDMI Repeater/ extender

saumitra

I need to find a HDMI repeater or extender that supports 4k@60 & also ARC.
Basically, for connecting the AVR (Denon X4700) video out (ARC) port to the TV's (LG G1 65") video in (that supports ARC) - I have a 25' HDMI 2.1 cable; unfortunately, it has fallen short by about 5-6 feet from the TV's port. Now I need to find a hdmi repeater or extender that I can use - to connect the long cable (from AVR) at one end and another HDMI cable coming from the TV's ARC port to connect to the other end.
Important thing is - this connection should support 4k@60 as well as ARC.
I tried a hdmi repeater and connected the 2 cables (one from the AVR & the other from the TV), but I am able to get only 1080p60 video with ARC.

My first thought is that you should get a longer optical HDMI cable plenty of which are available in Amazon.

A straight unbroken cable is always better than a joint IMHO

Basically, for connecting the AVR (Denon X4700) video out (ARC) port to the TV's (LG G1 65") video in (that supports ARC) - I have a 25' HDMI 2.1 cable; unfortunately, it has fallen short by about 5-6 feet from the TV's port. Now I need to find a hdmi repeater or extender that I can use - to connect the long cable (from AVR) at one end and another HDMI cable coming from the TV's ARC port to connect to the other end.
I tried a hdmi repeater and connected the 2 cables (one from the AVR & the other from the TV), but I am able to get only 1080p60 video with ARC.

As mentioned by FM, you are better off getting a longer cable to avoid signal issues later.

Did you find any solution to this? I am in exactly same situation, fallen short by 3-4 feet. Looking for an extender that supports 4k@60 hz to connect 3 feet hdmi cable to the 25 feet one. Came across Amazon basics extender, does it work?

I tried a hdmi repeater and connected the 2 cables (one from the AVR & the other from the TV), but I am able to get only 1080p60 video with ARC
I am using Honeywell HDMI cable 30ft. It has both 4K60 and ARC functionalities.

Did you find any solution to this? I am in exactly same situation, fallen short by 3-4 feet. Looking for an extender that supports 4k@60 hz to connect 3 feet hdmi cable to the 25 feet one. Came across Amazon basics extender, does it work?

Personal suggestion is to purchase a single full length cable.
Pl stay away from extenders .

I've been using couple of these for 4 to 5 years now. Its 30-40% of the time a big miss.
earlier( when using pc->TV) - prime video use to scale down to SD version , or loss in video quality

Edit - It still happens right now ( using extender ).

1670655607239.png

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back