HDMI splitter

ShaQ.Blogs

I am looking for an HDMI splitter which takes in one HDMI input and splits into two outputs (Both on at the same time).
I can also live with an HDMI audio extractor which takes in one HDMI input and splits the audio and video into two different HDMI signals.

Do we have any good reliable products which can work with HIFI equipment? It should not have any issues like audio lip-sync.

You can find a lot on Amazon. But I don't think there are any good brands which manufactures it. AmazonBasics has a switch and audio splitter which will not serve your purpose. I had mine 4 yrs ago which did the job decently for a year.

I ended up buying this one (HDA-927).

Folks who are facing HDMI board issues (Output section or even input video section), or if you have a receiver which does 1080p and you have a 4K TV - then this one is for you. Using an HDMI splitter with optical out is not a feasible solution as you will loose out on some of the high quality audio formats. You can consider getting one of these devices (which i got for 4K). I think with this you could put off your purchase of a new receiver by a few years!

It takes an HDMI input from source and provides two HDMI outputs. One with HDMI ARC/eARC out which is hooked to TV for the video, the returned audio from TV is sent out of the device again via HDMI Audio Out port. This needs to be hooked to receiver HDMI input. To power it, it requires 5V USB power, which I hooked to the receiver's USB output. So the device is in operation only when receiver is turned on. There is a slight delay of about 5-7s for the device to come on, as i suspect Marantz takes its own sweet time to supply USB power.

I purchased this model, as I plan to buy a 4K TV in a year or so. So my 4K TV will work my "legacy receiver". Very useful device!

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back