HDMI to analog converter

jhajee

Does anyone here know of a HDMI to multichannel analog converter. The reason being that I am planning to buy a PS3 and I have an old Onkyo 703 receiver which unfortunately has no HDMI in. I wanted to check if its possible to have HDMI out from PS3 and then convert into multi channel in for my Onkyo 703.

Any pointers??

Does anyone here know of a HDMI to multichannel analog converter. The reason being that I am planning to buy a PS3 and I have an old Onkyo 703 receiver which unfortunately has no HDMI in. I wanted to check if its possible to have HDMI out from PS3 and then convert into multi channel in for my Onkyo 703.

Any pointers??

If you don't have Hdmi then connect your Ps3 with your AMP through an Optical cable for Audio and if you have an LCD Tv or Plasma then connect that through Hdmi out of the Ps3. The Convertor which you are asking for is a thing of the past and would cost more than any blu ray player with analogue output (after adding the cost of shipping and customs).

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back