HDMI to component Adapter

skarvind

Hi Folks,

I have an old Sony CRT, which acccepts component inputs ( for DVD only I guess, as the set itself does not support HDTV), and a laptop with HDMI out. I would like to make use of all the material I have ( SOaps/Movies) and watch it in my TV. I am not planning to buy an HDTV now. I guess an HDMI to COmponent output adapter would help my cause. I did see a couple in EBay, but I am not sure this would work. Can anyone throw more light on this ?

Thanks in advance.
cheers

HDMI carries digital signals while component is analogue. Your adaptor needs to do the conversion as well transcode the video signals when needed. There is no easy solution.

Cheers

HDMI carries digital signals while component is analogue. Your adaptor needs to do the conversion as well transcode the video signals when needed. There is no easy solution.

Cheers

Hi Venkatcr,

Before I purchased my LCD HDTV, I used a Panasonic CRT TV and connected my PS3 using a HDMI to Component cable from Sony. It used to work without any problems when playing games and viewing blu ray movies. Would the same kind of cable not work for skarvind?

Before I purchased my LCD HDTV, I used a Panasonic CRT TV and connected my PS3 using a HDMI to Component cable from Sony.
The cable you are referring to is not a 'HDMI to Component cable'. It is simply a cable that connects to the proprietry Sony Playstation 2/3 connector, that outputs an original 'component' signal and there is no conversion involved. It is a simple 'component' cable that has component (three RCA connectors) on one end and the proprietry connector on the other end.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back