HDMI to Receiver without HDMI

Admonitos

Hey, so my Setup is as follows:
TV: Sony KD-65A8 (https://www.sony.at/electronics/fernseher/a8-series)
Sound System: Teufel CONCEPT E 450 Digital "5.1-Set" (https://teufelaudio.at/concept-e-450-digital-51-set-104762000)

Problem:
The optical output of the TV is fixed and if I connect it to my Sound System I am unable to control the volume with my tv. My guess is that it would be able to control the volume with the tv (Sound System volume and TV volume don't have to be synced) if I used a hdmi cable. Now the Build-In receiver in the subwoofer of the Teufel System doesn't have a hdmi port. Receivers are quite expensive and I kind of would like to use a cheaper solution if one exists (and not have the receiver of my Teufel system be completely useless and worry about different audio formats if they can be transmitted over the used connection).

Question:
Is there a device so that I could use that eArc Port of my TV (so that I can control the volume with the TV remote), and so that I can connect this device than somehow to my Teufel System and still have 5.1 Audio and Dolby Digital support and so on.

Disclaimer: I am a noob regarding audio/tv so sorry if I left out any information needed or said something wrong.

Problem:
The optical output of the TV is fixed and if I connect it to my Sound System I am unable to control the volume with my tv. My guess is that it would be able to control the volume with the tv (Sound System volume and TV volume don't have to be synced) if I used a hdmi cable. Now the Build-In receiver in the subwoofer of the Teufel System doesn't have a hdmi port. Receivers are quite expensive and I kind of would like to use a cheaper solution if one exists (and not have the receiver of my Teufel system be completely useless and worry about different audio formats if they can be transmitted over the used connection).
If you have selected Bit Stream/PCM DTS/DD out from your Tv , then you will not be able to control the volume from your Tv ,since TV sends out raw signal to your sound system. This is the same behaviour with AV Receivers as well.

One quick solution would be , choose "stereo" mode from you TV audio output. By this you may be able to control sound from tv. But u will get only stereo. This behaviour also depends on TV manufacture design. For me it works.

The sound should be controlled through sound sytem in other cases, it wont allow from TV.

Hope this helps.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back