HDR Standards in TVs available in India

TechHead

So we're shopping for a new TV, looking at the 4K HDR options available.
As this is a bedroom TV, we're looking at a 43" model.

We've shortlisted the LG 43UJ752 and the Sony X7500 - can anyone help as to which HDR standards they support? HDR10 / Dolby Vision / both?

Any other options we can look at?

Thanks.

We've shortlisted the LG 43UJ752 and the Sony X7500 - can anyone help as to which HDR standards they support? HDR10 / Dolby Vision / both?

Thanks.
if u can extend ur budget further then go for x930e sony.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Extend your budget and get the LG 55OLEDC7 or the Sony XE90/92. Even though these low end sets claim HDR compatibility (mostly HDR10), they just don't have the luminosity/gamut/tone mapping/local dimming capabilities of proper HDR TVs. HDR looks like a washed out version of standard Rec.709 on them.

Just to add to what reign of chaos has said, on LG I can tell you that the quality will also depend on the particular TV you get. There is no consistency across TVs. So once you buy it, immediately test HDR and get some basic calibration in place. You'll find enough tuts on youtube. I have no clue how Sony works with OLED.

Even after you have calibrated a Tv for HDR it will still vary for content to content. I have a fairly good HDR calibration for my LG 43UJ752T which was difficult to achieve since it struggles with HDR. Transformers Last Knight UHD I had to use different settings and for Spiderman Homecoming different settings. So far all of my UHD disc require different settings. Netflix DV works well across various content. Prime is also excellent with my HDR settings.
It's really frustrating to calibrate my Tv for each UHD disc. Maybe its my Tv which sucks in HDR might the problem.

Extend your budget and get the LG 55OLEDC7 or the Sony XE90/92. Even though these low end sets claim HDR compatibility (mostly HDR10), they just don't have the luminosity/gamut/tone mapping/local dimming capabilities of proper HDR TVs. HDR looks like a washed out version of standard Rec.709 on them.

Don't have more space for a 55" TV on my bedroom wall unfortunately. We have a nice 55" LG OLED in the hall, so I know they are amazing, but due to size constraints, we can't go above 43" in the bedroom.

Hello Everyone, this is my first post in this forum. I've been a silent observer and reading many threads in Television and Hometheater section to build a good setup in my home. Huge applause to every one who made this forum a wonderful place to learn and share many things on the AV world. ??

Regarding Sony X90E, I've come across a thread in sony usa forum while googling about this model. Typically there are 2 different version UC1/UC2. UC1 has 8 bit panel and UC2 has the 10 bit. However SONY reps replied that is not true. It looks little sketcy to me.
Also not sure about the TVs selling in india with respect to UC1/UC2. Anyone can add your insight on this.
I'm also interested in this Sony model. Thanks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back