Which image looks better

Votes: 7 31.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • 4-All are equally good

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cinema. From day one I never used standard.

Haha! Good call. I'm wondering why the color looks so different on HDR. The green yellow is turned to blue. How did you switch between HDR and SDR signal? I can't do it with internal apps actually. Nvidia shield has the setting? Was the camera on manual...everything?

Haha! Good call. I'm wondering why the color looks so different on HDR. The green yellow is turned to blue. How did you switch between HDR and SDR signal? I can't do it with internal apps actually. Nvidia shield has the setting? Was the camera on manual...everything?
Shield doesn’t support HDR in YouTube. So for HDR I used the tv app and for SDR I used shield. It actually doesn’t look so bluish in person. Issue with camera capturing the image

Shield doesn’t support HDR in YouTube. So for HDR I used the tv app and for SDR I used shield. It actually doesn’t look so bluish in person. Issue with camera capturing the image

Ah! Understood. Even Vincent mentioned in his latest video comparing game modes on Q90 be C9, that somehow the camera is making C9 seem bluer. Have you gamed on your C9 yet?

Ah! Understood. Even Vincent mentioned in his latest video comparing game modes on Q90 be C9, that somehow the camera is making C9 seem bluer. Have you gamed on your C9 yet?
No not yet. I play counter strike, dota2 online and use my gaming PC

Last edited:
No not yet. I play counter strike, dota2 online and use my gaming PC

Try it out with some single-player immersive game! I started Assassin's Creed: Origins (I have severe backlog on titles) just now, after finally finishing GTA 5. So immersive! I used HDR effect mode for simulated HDR too. Looks stunning. Lol. I use a tweaked version of that mode for all SDR content now because I love HDR so much. Screw director's intent. lol

Try it out with some single-player immersive game! I started Assassin's Creed: Origins (I have severe backlog on titles) just now, after finally finishing GTA 5. So immersive! I used HDR effect mode for simulated HDR too. Looks stunning. Lol. I use a tweaked version of that mode for all SDR content now because I love HDR so much. Screw director's intent. lol
Hahaha true visuals will be stunning. The thing is I don’t like role playing games or any story mode games. Dota is the only game I have been playing for more then 10 years. My friends are all console gamers and they forced me to get a PS4 which I got and kept it idle for a year and sold it. Before I moved to Dota I was a fifa addict and used to play with my bro for hours during college days on the Xbox. My bro has a Ps4 asked him to bring home one day to play fifa.

Hahaha true visuals will be stunning. The thing is I don’t like role playing games or any story mode games. Dota is the only game I have been playing for more then 10 years. My friends are all console gamers and they forced me to get a PS4 which I got and kept it idle for a year and sold it. Before I moved to Dota I was a fifa addict and used to play with my bro for hours during college days on the Xbox. My bro has a Ps4 asked him to bring home one day to play fifa.

Haha! Such games might not benefit that much from an OLED though. I only enjoy story games or strategic management and building games.

Haha! Such games might not benefit that much from an OLED though. I only enjoy story games or strategic management and building games.
First of all you can never play dota in a tv. Fifa you can and i used to play in my old sony led tv. Will definitely try one day with my brother ps4

For people who are going to watch a lot of cable, sports in a bright room you dont even need a oled or a top model tv. In showrooms the mid range tv’s were excellent for such content

Thank you. I was seeing the demo video and the girl reminded me of your poll. Had to dig this poll to find your summary comments. After months of understanding - I totally relate to your summary and the whole post.

So to summarise while purchasing a TV don’t get tempted by fancy tech like oled, qled etc. What contents you watch and how you watch say dark or bright room is the important factor. And like I said go big if it’s 4k HDR. Keep it simple if cable and sports is your top priority.

Again, great summary!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back