HDTV as a laptop monitor ?

ninja78

Hello All

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I would like to know if we can use the LED / Plasma with around 22 - 26 inch as a Laptop Monitor ( conn with HDMI cable ). I have a LG monitor now but not quite happy with the HD display. It works just fine but can't show the HD quality.
let me know if Laptop and TV are technically compatible or some issues with resolution , setting etc. Also pls suggest some good models which can be used here to serve my purpose....many thanks.

NJ75.

Yes. The combo will work perfectly fine, as long as you are comfortable with the resolution supported by the HDTV + your laptop graphics.

I personally prefer small fonts and tiny stuff that others have trouble squinting at, so I'd want that the larger screen + graphics should support 1920x1080p. Your case may be different.

If you are going to sit a long time in front of the TV (or monitor) a TV may not be the best option. IMO, TVs tend have more brightness than monitors, which will affect our eyes. Also go for a full HD TV rather than an HD ready one.

Combo will work great.

Ensure you go for full HD.

But at 22-26 inches monitors are better. At least they have better specs compared to TVs at that size. 1920 x 1080 LED Full HD is what I have and its great for browsing and even watching movies and BR rips.

I enjoy connecting my Asus Laptop to my 3D LED tv. The output is great and is super convenient for watching HD youtube Videos and also to play games.

I have a wireless keyboard/ mouse and a wireless controller. This allows me to literally convert my Laptop to a console and I play games laid back !

There's no practical difference between a cheap monitor and TV for monitor use - any full HD TV would be fine, that allows all post processing to be turned off.

I use a Philips 6000 32" inch - its very good for regular use, but need to sit back as it's too large.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back