HDTV to Home PC

jlkirk

I have Comcast Cable. I would like to record HDTV programs directly to my computer hard drive. How can I do this if I am unable to physically connect the cable box and my computer?
Thanks in advance!

I have Comcast Cable. I would like to record HDTV programs directly to my computer hard drive. How can I do this if I am unable to physically connect the cable box and my computer?
Thanks in advance!

?????? you do need to connect your comcast cable to your PC via a TV tuner card. I do not know the specs of your TV or display unit so I assume your TV does not have video out. So you a signal splitter (available at amazon or radioshack or mono price) and use one end for TV other end into the PC (PCI addon or USB external) - then use the SW of freetv or media portal to record live Tv. You can use it as a PVR too..

Thanks Suprateep. Do you know of a way whereby I could accomplish the same thing, but only wireless? That is, without actually physically hooking up the tv to the pc?

Have you checked the relvent forums?
As my limited understanding oes here may be DRM,encryption or copy proofing involved...

Now it is difficult to speculate from india!

Have you checked the relvent forums?
As my limited understanding oes here may be DRM,encryption or copy proofing involved...

Now it is difficult to speculate from india!

true hemant well said. though if we leave aside encryption and DRM issues what can be done is to add the cable to the PC using a internal/external TV tuner card. And then feed the signal wireless-ly to a linksys router that can be connected directly to the TV using component or HDMI connection. I would have provided the link but the linsys website failed to open on my browser - why not check the linksys site under entertainment products section - they have 2-3 solutions as such. Also I believe quite a few companies like belkin and gefen have such a device - only if my office did not ban so many external websites:eek:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back