Head unit for 6 ohms speakers

arunbpanikker

Friends,

I have a Sony MHC - GX 2000, 3 cd player system which is not in working condition. I have repaired it several times, and have also changed the lens twice. It frequently gives mechanical issues like tape deck not working/ cd tray not working etc.

But I like the sound quality of the speaker . Model SS- DX3, Impedance 6 ohms.

I want to refurbish it into a full fledged audio system, Want to play CD/MP3/ Tape (if possible, as I have lot of old collections).

How do you suggest to go forward with it. I do not want to go for a repair again.

Friends,

I have a Sony MHC - GX 2000, 3 cd player system which is not in working condition. I have repaired it several times, and have also changed the lens twice. It frequently gives mechanical issues like tape deck not working/ cd tray not working etc.

But I like the sound quality of the speaker . Model SS- DX3, Impedance 6 ohms.

I want to refurbish it into a full fledged audio system, Want to play CD/MP3/ Tape (if possible, as I have lot of old collections).

How do you suggest to go forward with it. I do not want to go for a repair again.

Even I had a 14 years old Sony 1 cd - double cassette player which stopped working completely in spite of repairing it. And I also did not have cassettes to play. Therefore, I decided to add my pc to the deck using it as an amplifier.

Recently, I purchased a Yamaha 373 avr and have connected the two existing Sony speakers (SS-H501G) - 2" tweeter and 4"woofer - 6 ohms as Fronts with the avr and it is giving me very satisfactory result. Though I plan to use this speakers temporarily till I get new fronts, but the quality of sound has increased many folds considering the sq which was produced when connected with the sony system. Once I get 'proper' fronts for my avr, I might get these speakers shifted to rear/ surround.

So I am very sure, if you buy an avr and a cd player (perhaps a BD player), then you will be able to enjoy it as a decent audio system.

Recently, I purchased a Yamaha 373 avr and have connected the two existing Sony speakers (SS-H501G) - 2" tweeter and 4"woofer - 6 ohms as Fronts with the avr and it is giving me very satisfactory result. Though I plan to use this speakers temporarily till I get new fronts, but the quality of sound has increased many folds considering the sq which was produced when connected with the sony system. Once I get 'proper' fronts for my avr, I might get these speakers shifted to rear/ surround.

So I am very sure, if you buy an avr and a cd player (perhaps a BD player), then you will be able to enjoy it as a decent audio system.

Thanks for the response.... How much did the Yamaha 373 avr cost you. Does it have an integrated CD player. Is it CD player alone or is it compatible with MP3/DVD etc.

Thanks for the response.... How much did the Yamaha 373 avr cost you. Does it have an integrated CD player. Is it CD player alone or is it compatible with MP3/DVD etc.

I got Yamaha 373 for 27K. No it does not have any integrated cd/dvd/bluray player. You have to add your own source.

However, only buying an avr (say Yam 373) for the purpose of using the existing sony speakers will surely be injustice to the avr. It is suitable for temporary setup and short period until you get your proper fronts/ centre etc.

Please mention your budget so that experienced FMs can suggest something suitable for your need.

My Budget is not much. Its is less than 20K.

Would non branded systems be good enough

I don't think it is possible to buy speakers (5.1) under 20K separately or even a complete 5.1.

Under 20K, you can go for only pair of fronts and a centre.

However, you can get a pre-used 5.1 set up within 20K if you are lucky.

Check the details and price of speakers here - Loudspeakers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back