Headphone for Tidal on Mobile (Xiaomi Mi A1)

AshishB

Hi, my budget is INR 7K to 10k (converted to about $96 to $136 USD). It's flexible, if adding 1-2K gets me a better headphone then i can reconsider.I am going to use the headphone/earphone to listen to songs from Tidal,Spotify and downloaded Flacs on my Xiaomi Mi A1 and some youtube videos that's pretty much all that I am going to use it for. I mostly listen to Punjabi Songs,some Bollywood Songs and few globally popular/hits songs.Mostly indoor use,as this is my first purchase of "big" headphones i am not sure what to buy an IEM or On Ear headphone. I am currently using Blaupunkt EM10 Wired (in ear) Earphone. I have never used a On Ear Headphone, i will be using it for about 2-3 hours a day in total.

This is what i want from the headphones: I grew up listening to cassettes, then MP3s (128 kbps). During the lockdown I found Tidal. I have found the songs that i used to listen back then on Tidal in Hifi. They sounds great as compared to what my memory of them was. But,now i want to make this experience better by listening them with better compatible headphone.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can stretch your budget to 13k i have sony wf 1000xm3 tws for sale preowned especially perfect for tidal with 360 reality audio

I would suggest try the Hifiman RE400, I have used 3 pairs (none broke, just misplaced) they used to be 8k. At 2k, they are phenomenal value.

Philips shp9500, sells for $75 in USA, but way too expensive in India.
Now it's successor shp9600 is available for $138.

I am also in the search of good over head phone from last one month and what I noticed that Audio Technica AMX50x and Beyerdynamic DT770 are pretty popular in this price range. Both have great sound quality almost on all review and forums opinion with greater attention on details and accuracy. Both are use as studio monitors also. Due to covid and lockdown I am able to audition it.

Hey thanks for your response guys, someone suggested to go for an USB DAC AMP Tempotec Sonata HD Pro and Tin2 Plus, as well as other few options on Tidal thread. So I have ordered these two. I hope it's a good start towards good audio experience.

Hey thanks for your response guys, someone suggested to go for an USB DAC AMP Tempotec Sonata HD Pro and Tin2 Plus, as well as other few options on Tidal thread. So I have ordered these two. I hope it's a good start towards good audio experience.
Yes that’s the right thing to do at that budget

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back