Headphones you own; why you love them

Sony 7506. It is claimed its design hasn't changed since the 90s.
Very neutral and resolving headphones- Am satisfied with both music and movies. Lays bare bad recordings to their bone. May not be a perfect fit for bassholics. It's wired, I and I picked it up on Amazon for around 7k.

I am mulling over Hifiman Sundara to start my headfi journey (the planar type )

It's around 25k right now in AliExpress
Excellent headphones. Very balanced sound signature. Good place to start. I started my headphone journey with the Audio-Technica M20x. Those were very nice.

Hifiman now has Indian subsidiary, they will be opening store in Bangalore. You may want to wait for that.
Good to know that..I guess testing the headphones before buying would be an option.

My own 2 cents ...i tried a few Bluetooth headphones to begin with, mainly for my morning runs. And never found them to match the physical bass impact that speakers give. Being a big bass head, I missed the kick in the chest that my system gives. So decided I would never spend big bucks on a headphone .

Then about a year back, I felt I should have some thing good quality for watching movies on my laptop during my travels. So I went second hand and bought some audeze isine10's. My work needs me to have 24x7 situational awareness. So closed backs were not a option. I haven't heard any of the decent head phones, so don't know how my audeze compare in the big picture. But Iam really happy with them. And whenever they give up the ghost, Iam suitably impressed enough to give their bigger brother the isine20 a spin. Cheers :)

Well guys,

I got the Hifiman Sundara from AliExpress during the recent sale ....cost me around 26k including customs.

First impression:

Transparent with tight bass.

At the moment I am using my Topping NX4 DSD.

I waiting for my Sabaj D5 which is in transit.

I also have a Sabaj PHA3 tube headphone amplifier. Currently checking out how it sounds with it.

My source are Amazon music, Spotify, YouTube premium, JioSavn and my FLAC files.

I will update later my impressions (though I am not that much experienced YET :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My current 2 favorite headphones are the HD58X and the HD6XX. The 6XX scales like crazy with better and better equipment while the 58X is so much better with DAPs and portable rigs. It scales up very well too with better equipment but not as much like the 6XX. Both have the 6XX series tonality of lush mids and beautiful vocals. These will remain with me for a very long time even though my ATH ADX5000 destroys them technically in every aspect except the tonality which I love so much.

Vintage Grado :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.53.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.53.29 PM.png
    739.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.54.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.54.18 PM.png
    864.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.55.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.55.23 PM.png
    701.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.56.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.56.24 PM.png
    968.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.58.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.58.28 PM.png
    498.5 KB · Views: 32
Hello Friends.. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to seek advise for Headphones. I've never owned any good Headphone so far, therefore looking for one with the following needs:

1. budget: 7-8k ₹
2. Bluetooth support (I'll stream from my 'LG G7 ThinkQ' android phone which has an inbuilt Quad DAC ...AND.. streaming from a smart TV)
3. AUX-in support
4. Extra BASS
5. which can play without an Headphones Amp but directly from whatever device/source I feed.

Kindly suggest what can be best for me and where can I get that. Or else guide me to an appropriate thread where I can find suitable suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Hello Friends.. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to seek advise for Headphones. I've never owned any good Headphone so far, therefore looking for one with the following needs:

1. budget: 7-8k ₹
2. Bluetooth support (I'll stream from my 'LG G7 ThinkQ' android phone which has an inbuilt Quad DAC ...AND.. streaming from a smart TV)
3. AUX-in support
4. Extra BASS
5. which can play without an Headphones Amp but directly from whatever device/source I feed.

Kindly suggest what can be best for me and where can I get that. Or else guide me to an appropriate thread where I can find suitable suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Skullcandy crusher wireless or sony wh-xb700 will do the job for you. But remember that while using Bluetooth, your phone dac won't matter, the dac of the headphone will take over.

Skullcandy crusher wireless or sony wh-xb700 will do the job for you. But remember that while using Bluetooth, your phone dac won't matter, the dac of the headphone will take over.
Thanks my friend!... for explaining in details (I didn't think of the DAC).
Skullcandy crusher looks like a good one, however people are saying it's built Quality is poor.
sony wh-xb700 looking good as well.

Anybody has some more suggestions please???

Thanks my friend!... for explaining in details (I didn't think of the DAC).
Skullcandy crusher looks like a good one, however people are saying it's built Quality is poor.
sony wh-xb700 looking good as well.

Anybody has some more suggestions please???
Sennheiser bt4.5 is a good option when it is available for 7.5k on big billion days. I bought one for my friend and it is worth for the money

Jabra Elite 65t -
Like it for the decent SQ
hate it for the garbage call quality (at the receiver end- gone through 2 of them and the microphone/noise cancellation) is terrible
Gets uncomfortable after an hour or so

Anker Sound Core Liberty -
Like it as it came cheap and is really good for the price
On the flip side, The mids are terrible.. call quality is worse than garbage..
Gets uncomfortable within 30 minutes or so

Airpods 1 and 2
Daily drivers - Love them both for the comfort (this is really really important to me, it doesn't hurt my canals like IEMs and I can comfortably use them for hours)
The SQ is acceptably good , call quality is excellent, flipping between devices is not a game of guessing which device it actually connected to when you switch it on

On the flip side, they are no good when in a noisy environment like a flight- too much background noise comes in

Plantronics Backbeat Go3

My 2nd fav

Very comfortable for an IEM (though not as comfy as airpods) , excellent SQ - probably the best of the lot I have
Call quality is acceptable though not as good as airpods
On the flip side, it is not true wireless although the connecting wires are rather unobtrusive

Given a choice to do it again. I'd probably pick the airpods 2 and Plantronics for the specific use cases they serve

Jabra Elite 65t -
Like it for the decent SQ
hate it for the garbage call quality (at the receiver end- gone through 2 of them and the microphone/noise cancellation) is terrible
Gets uncomfortable after an hour or so

Anker Sound Core Liberty -
Like it as it came cheap and is really good for the price
On the flip side, The mids are terrible.. call quality is worse than garbage..
Gets uncomfortable within 30 minutes or so

Airpods 1 and 2
Daily drivers - Love them both for the comfort (this is really really important to me, it doesn't hurt my canals like IEMs and I can comfortably use them for hours)
The SQ is acceptably good , call quality is excellent, flipping between devices is not a game of guessing which device it actually connected to when you switch it on

On the flip side, they are no good when in a noisy environment like a flight- too much background noise comes in

Plantronics Backbeat Go3

My 2nd fav

Very comfortable for an IEM (though not as comfy as airpods) , excellent SQ - probably the best of the lot I have
Call quality is acceptable though not as good as airpods
On the flip side, it is not true wireless although the connecting wires are rather unobtrusive

Given a choice to do it again. I'd probably pick the airpods 2 and Plantronics for the specific use cases they serve
thanks @superczar for all the time you taken for recommending all these! To be more precise... I m looking for cans within budget: 8k, AUX-in support, Extra BASS -AND- which can play without an Headphones Amp.

Thanks again to all

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back