Health Insurance - Please share your views / experience

AMITNOIDA

I am thinking to take a health insurance coverage for myself and my family members. There are numbers of players in the health insurance market in India now-a-days. It would be great if you guys share your views / experiences about different health insurance provider and their various policies. Sorry for posting a thread totally unrelated to Hifi.

Cheers

Amit

Mediclaim

I just took last week a mediclaim policy from icicilomabrd which is valid for 2 years and has a 14 lac coverage, i paid a premium of Rs.21,000/-

V.

My experience with Bajaj Allianz has been excellent. Last year I was hospitalized for illness and was bedridden for around 5 days. I made a cashless claim to BA and it was processed without much delay. All I had to pay was the non medical expenses amounting to ~1500 rupees. They took care of the remaining 50k'ish bill.

I have a floater policy for me and my wife. For 7lacs coverage for each (exclusive so me claiming doesn't affect her insurance amount), I paid around 13 thousand. This is definitely more than ICICI and others but at the time of claims, there's never any trouble. Another thing to note is while others use third party agents for claim processing, BA has its own panel of doctors and claims are processed much faster. So a few grand extra premium doesn't hurt.

Cheers.

PS: I have no commercial interest in BA. I'm just a happy customer.

Thanks Vinay and Reignofchaos.

I have a 10L Life insurance with BA. Reading Reign's good experience with BA, I think BA may be a good choice. Any sugggestion regarding different policies/ options offered by BA?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back