Height speakers on wall?

Thanks man, not sure if this is the standard behaviour, but for my AVR if I select top middle, it doesn't allow anything else except rear height for the second pair. When I select this config my rear height speakers play much less than if i select top back :(

Thanks man, not sure if this is the standard behaviour, but for my AVR if I select top middle, it doesn't allow anything else except rear height for the second pair. When I select this config my rear height speakers play much less than if i select top back :(
Oh yes that's the standard config setting. Which is why front height and top middle have me best results

Hey OP, as you know I've recently moved to a new place, I have wall mounted my rear heights on the wall and angled them to MLP. I was trying our different configurations on the AVR (primarily, rear height and top middle, back and front height) and what I noticed is, they don't engaged/play a lot when set to rear height. Using my Pioneer AVR app, I muted all speakers except the Atmos ones and played the official Dolby Atmos demos over and over again in different AVR configs, and the rear height did not have much action. (Perhaps a DTS X demo would have been better, but since DTS X content is far less, it may not be worth it) just something to keep in mind.
Wow. I had replied in this thread and forgot about it. I just asked a question in some other thread exactly about this. Answer was in plain sight. Now, I'm feeling dumb!
I'm gonna cheat my AVR now ...
All height speakers are either top fronts or top middles for DD now onwards .

Wow. I had replied in this thread and forgot about it. I just asked a question in some other thread exactly about this. Answer was in plain sight. Now, I'm feeling dumb!
I'm gonna cheat my AVR now ...
All height speakers are either too fronts or top middles for DD now onwards .
Glad it was something you were looking for. Do reply with your findings, I'd like to see if they align with mine. Cheers!

I tried different height layouts in configuration (not physical) for Atmos. I couldn't hear any differences in panning / object placement.
What scenes/material did you try? Try the Shattered and Conductor DA demo clips if you have not already tried.

What scenes/material did you try? Try the Shattered and Conductor DA demo clips if you have not already tried.

More details here... Please note, I became highly opinionated at the end as I was frustrated at the experience first and then loss of entire post.

Edit: Will try the conductor and shattered demos when time permits.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back